2021 C-DRAMA -- Channels Created / Licensed

Marcus Here!

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like
3 Likes

Hip Hip Hooray! Hope we get it. Thanks so much for sharing!

2 Likes

YAY! Me too! Thank you!
Can’t wait to meet Sheng Yang, and the cast!

4 Likes

Releases on Viki on September 28, 2023.

3 Likes

Releases on September 7, 2023.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Channel deleted for “Sunshine By My Side”. :thinking:
Either licensing failed or Viki will add a new channel that’s been licensed. Oh well, I can hope. :grinning:

@teufelchen_netty_266 @elodiegiraud22_eg_27 @jadecloud88

9 Likes

Fingers crossed ! :heart:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Isn’t this channel already here on Viki? Is this allowed, the use of the exact same title with a different cast?
https://www.viki.com/tv/37509c-stand-by-me

https://www.viki.com/tv/40161c-stand-by-me

1 Like

Parallel World premieres on Viki on September 7, 2023. Recruiting.

3 Likes

For some reason, this is not all that uncommon among C-dramas. It makes things very confusing.

3 Likes

You can say that again, it certainly does.

3 Likes

I think is this Stand by Me (2023) - MyDramaList

3 Likes

You’re right. I’ve added info to the channel.

3 Likes

It still makes it confusing. Plus, they had plenty of titles to chose from, based on the info on the link.
:pensive::triumph: :wink:

They’ll likely defend the title, using the year. :smirk:

. . .

~~ Adapted from the novel ‘Those Youthful Times That Can’t Go Back’ (那些回不去的年少时光) by Tong Hua (桐华)

. . .

Native Title: 那些回不去的年少时光
Also Known As: Those Youthful Times That Can’t Go Back, Yesterday, Na Xie Hui Bu Qu De Nian Shao Shi Guang, 那些回不去的年少時光
Screenwriter: Wu Tong
Director: Wang Zhi Yong

3 Likes

True. It’s also not uncommon in other dramas, like K’s and T’s. Just a search with “Who Are You” on MDL would give one several examples. I guess going with the year of release would help to differentiate one from the other.

As for Viki, I believe they have no option to change any title provided to them. However, I wish they had not removed the original language title which was available on each channel page in the past. Still, it’s good to at least have a differentiation by the year of release.

Of course, it’s a wonder why production companies are not able to come up with their own unique title.

3 Likes
3 Likes