Bl vs gl?

homosexuality is legal in my country

2 Likes

afbeelding

2 Likes

Thanks for all the input. i never paid much attention to this situation til my daughter brought it up . but when i took the time i did notice that when i checked for new upcoming jdramas (my favorite dramas) there were 2 new BL dramas coming and no GL ones so i guess there does seem to be some kind of bias whether its intentional or not IDK. but as others said i did see one japanese GL which was dwarfed by the several BL.

2 Likes

I see more GL in Thai dramas. I havenā€™t seen much in other Asian dramas. Overall, GL doesnā€™t have a big demand.

I think companies will produce what has the biggest target audience. Supply and demand, if you will. Thereā€™s a larger amount of people watching BL and itā€™s getting even more popular because the Asian countries producing them have subs provided. Plus, theyā€™re easily accessible on many platforms.

Itā€™s not illegal by law in Vikiā€™s drama countries. Itā€™s more about society and traditions and in Asian countries like China, Japan, South Korea thereā€™s a strong focus on marriage/having kids. Just that the young generation of these three countries has a different approach; in Japan they might flee into virtual gf of one of the 3 D apps with machine learning software, in China the parents try to ā€œselectā€ the partner (without own apartment, good job, money and car itā€™s hard to find a wife, so many male Chinese fear to never be loved while many females donā€™t want to become only housewives and mothers). For many, maybe most Chinese itā€™s still a desaster when someone is unmarried above age 30.

I think in countries that are very traditional with heavy dominance of the parents you donā€™t need laws that forbid homosexuality because the family bonds might be more effective chains.

In Europe thereā€™s a backlash too for different reasons in different countries. Also in regard of female rights.

Worst are guys who pretend being ā€œfemalesā€ and now are even taking the seats/slots as candidates that were created for more gender equality for women and now straight married men with kids take it, saying, thereā€™s no ā€œdefinitionā€ what a women is because some parties of the new government wants to allow everybody to ā€œdefineā€ the gender how they want.*

So in the end the discrimination towards women will rise again by male abuse.

Going backwards everywhere.

*(While a gay candidate of another party thatā€™s not into that discriminating of women law, gave his seat/slot to a female candidate by own choice, saying, that although there are not that many gay candidates, most candidates are still male so the females need more support and a possibility for being voted into government. # full respect for him)

3 Likes

This show-

also has a bit of GL touch. Itā€™s not exactly in the plot, but one of the side characters can make this show have a GL tag.

2 Likes

Saw someone shared this elsewhere - if it is helpful

1 Like

Youā€™re calling me out here :smiling_face_with_tear:

This comment sort of irks me a bitā€¦ Though I donĀ“t have femaletrans friends I have maletrans friends as IĀ“m myself bi (a cis female) and part of the LGBTQ+ community.
I donĀ“t really think itĀ“s a problem if any one Identify as a man or a woman.
The worst thing anyone can do is put things against eachother I think there are room for trans females on roles that might have been there for ā€œcis femalesā€, I donĀ“t think anyone wins on putting two groups against eachother. And how can anyone know what someone ells identify as, if they havenĀ“t said it? And if someone that identify as at female doesnĀ“t look what we might consider feminin that doesnĀ“t make her/them les female. I my self never use makeup and I honestly donĀ“t remember when I tried to look more feminin, i tend to look like a ā€œlumberjackā€ (i live on a small farm). I think we should strive for more equality for everyone instead of complaning about someon ellses strugel, There are so many in the LGBTQ+ that has commited suicide becaus of how hard it is to be them selfs so left not go there.
I personaly would like to se more GL with as good quality as BL, but to be honest I like any lovestory preferebly with a happyendingā€¦ :wink:

4 Likes

Scientists found proof that thereā€™s an altered brain function thatā€™s causing this kind of disortation in around ~1% of the population while the other 99% 's brains will get synchronized to their bodies at the latest during puperty.

Itā€™s similar to anorexic people who ā€œseeā€ themselves as overweight even when theyā€™re already underweight (in some cases so seriously that they might die because of that).

The politicians I mentioned revealed later that it was trolling, just to get that slot.

Besides, there are already Western countries that cut the rights of womenā€™s self-determination and personal freedom in a way that itā€™s a heavy backlash like pre feministic era.

I assume youā€™re young enough to experience by yourself how itā€™ll be living in a country again where women have less rights than men and, e.g. are forced to give birth because abortation is forbidden.

There are already cases of deaths within certain EU country because women were not allowed to abort anymore.

In the end, those whoā€™ll suffer most will be women (that are ~50% of the population), again, since thereā€™s no sign that our societies are turning from a patriarchic society into matriarchic societies.

PS:

Those who define feminine with makeup and short skirt and high heels are popular, rich trans American who say repeatately in interviews that the ā€œbest partā€ of ā€œbeing a womanā€ is wearing makeup, skirt and high heels - sexism at its peak - and you still think that theyā€™re doing anything good for gender equality?

(I never heard a popular trans guy saying something sexistic like that, there was no: oh best part of being a guy is having big muscles and run around shirtlessā€¦)

Nothing of the sort was proven.
The only thing we have is a lot of theories (nature vs nurture, sex differences in brain, correlates with genes and amount of brain structures and so on)
But maybe Iā€™m mistaken. Can you maybe link the studies?

The bed nucleus of stria terminalis differs in sexes (so also in cases of people who are transgender), but I donā€™t think it supports the theory of ā€œaltered brain functionā€. The trans men are more simmilar in the size of the structure to cis men and trans woman are more simmilar to cis women then to cis men.
Itā€™s connected to the theory that brain can have a gender and maybe thatā€™s why people feel the way they feel.
But itā€™s one of many theories.

If you will do research, Iā€™d like to ask you to be carreful, because some older artickles tend to be a complete BS. Itā€™s best to search for newest things and to see if the things you find are controversial or not.

What do you mean by that? I donā€™t think there is a proof to brains ā€œsynchingā€ to the gender by time

Nope, nope, nope. It might seem simmilar, but itā€™s a completely different thing. The motives and mechanism are completely different and those two issues are never put together in a professional setting.

2 Likes

For me, I donā€™t have an opinion. Iā€™m not judgemental. I believe that every person has the right to follow the path that brings them happiness provided theyā€™re not breaking the law. I have no problems at all with transmen or transwomen. Some people are born left-handed because thatā€™s the way their brain works. They didnā€™t choose it. My dad was left-handed and the teachers tried to make him right-handed. In the end, they gave up and, until the day he died, dad was always left-handed. For the same reason, I can fully understand that some brains are born different and donā€™t align with the physical birth sex.

As far as Iā€™m aware, sex characteristics are determined by hormones and chromosomes as babies are growing within their mothers. While adults canā€™t change their chromosomes, they can change their hormone balance and that makes quite a difference. To get a small insight into how testosterone, the male hormone, impacts on people with XX chromosomes who have a brain that aligns more with men than women, I suggest Googling ā€œtransmenā€ and having a look at the images. There are some really handsome guys around whom I would never pick as transmen.

Many Indigenous Americans believe in two-spirit people. These are people who are not born solely as male or female but have a combination of male and female spirits. Pre-colonisation, two-spirit people were respected members of their communities and were appreciated for who they were.

The History of Two-Spirit Folks ā€” The Indigenous Foundation

3 Likes

In Sweden (I can only speak for how it works here) you need to get a evaluation from a psychotherapist/psychiatrist before you get started and it takes time to get an appointment in the first place. Not everyone is eligible for hormones and/or surgery, I think I rather have happy living people than losing anyoneā€¦

Iā€™m middle-aged woman living in northern Europe, Iā€™m privileged enough to know that that we live in a world that doesnā€™t have equality but I do believe that everyone should have the right to be themselves. I think itā€™s depressing to know that there are people committing suicide because they arenā€™t ā€œnormalā€.
Iā€™m a strong believer that everybody should have the right to choose what ever they want to do with their own bodys (yes abortion is a part of that), itā€™s sad that that isnā€™t always the case.

I said it before and I will say it again we shouldnā€™t put groups against eachother thatā€™s doesnā€™t help anyone one and doesnā€™t move things forward.

3 Likes

Itā€™s the same here in Australia. Also, if anyone doesnā€™t want to take the hormone and surgery pathway theyā€™re free to present themselves and dress however they want. If a person is happy doing that, I support their choice.

4 Likes

manganese
and dress however they want.
If a person is happy doing that, I support their choice.

I agree with you since is not our money buying the items they are wearing; nor is our body they are dressing; itā€™s their own body. Funny thing I have to mention about the 12 year old back then (my niece daughter) who was in love with one of Black Pink girls, and she was going through some rough patches. Well, sheā€™s in a ā€˜ā€˜realā€™ā€™ relationship with a Chinese girl, and Iā€™m happy to say sheā€™s finally very happy (wished I could post pics but I have to respect their privacy). Anyway, the thing is that ā€˜ā€˜Bellaā€™ā€™ now dresses very girly now, and her girlfriend/boyfriend very manly (boyā€™s clothes). So I guess they are both identifying with their role in their relationship; which I also applaud bc no one should dictate how they must dress. Interesting enough this is a new trend Iā€™m seeing a lot even among famous artist/children of famous actress/actor. Iā€™m glad these changes are going on bc I know it makes them very happy since you can see their happiness in the shinning full of joy faces. I use to be a bit judgmental when I was way younger, and Iā€™m glad age made me reflect more that we are no one to be judging anyone Hope others can see it too.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a really lovely story :heart: Itā€™s excellent to hear your niece has found a place in the world where she fits in. I used to be bit more judgmental than I am now, but I donā€™t think I ever judged people choosing to be different too much. My best friends at school were usually the ones who didnā€™t quite fit in. You must be relieved that things have worked out so well for your niece. Youā€™ve done well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not an expert there, but I love these series and often they bring you the feeling that life still has a lot to offer. There are also couples who manage despite company, it is more of a facilitation and experience.

1 Like