Can't Access Messages

Not logged in to Viki for a while and noticed I have the normal red circle displaying which indicates I have 2 unread messages/ usually they are notifications from moderators (not something in the inbox). Then when I go into notifications where I can see at the top again a red circle with the number 2 it is not letting me see the new notifications or previous ones it is just saying " You don’t have any unread messages. Check out the community homepage to connect with other Viki community members! "

It is a bit bizarre, does anyone have this problem or know how to sort.

Thanks aplenty Lynn

2 Likes

The only way I could fix it was by deleting all older notifications. When I did that they appeared.
Best of luck!

2 Likes

Thanks, for me there are no older ones to delete just the 2 new notifications I can’t access. Thanks for replying though :grin:

2 Likes

Well, maybe you can ask a moderator to send you a notification an see what happens.

2 Likes

I have 5 unread messages which I cannot access… I still must clean out my inbox because maybe then I can see them but no time for it now.

3 Likes

Viki is kick me out of the page and editor too.Please fix it.@camille

4 Likes

It happened to me once, I just had to click on “more” and “show unread messages” and everything worked well after that.
@delirium5555_519 @tweet998 @dudie

2 Likes

I can’t believe that I never noticed such a button existed. Wow, I’m impressive. :laughing:
Thank you! This can be a quite fruatrating problem. Always drives me crazy.

3 Likes

If you mean the more button top left it does not give me the option to read unread messages. I am slightly envious of your ability to get rid of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

This problem has been going on every single day for about a week. (I think around the translation bot incident)
It’s crazy.

3 Likes

I thought it might be that too…

That doesn’t work for me:

And my inbox is so full that it also gives an error after going through a certain amount of pages… First there where 12 but I got it down to 5… Now I need to clean my inbox a bit so that 5 messages appear before that other error comes up.

1 Like

That’s annoying/frustrating

1 Like

Oh my… The inbox is in need of some serious work here…
I have too many pages as well and I don’t even get that many messages.
But deleting old message threads is such a headache because whenever you delete anything it takes you back to page 1… like… why??!

5 Likes

And here I am right now, can’t log in and stuck on the inbox page with 1 unread message that I can’t even see who sent it because I can’t log in. :expressionless::expressionless:

1 Like

Yup, me too. It happened a few times today.

1 Like

You can see them from your e-mail if you provided it.

1 Like

Maybe it is because they are working on the inbox, they said in the newsletters last time that they were working to improve it.
I don’t know if it’s related to that.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

We are aware of the current inbox issues as well as the login issues. Please feel free to write in to the Help Center with screenshots of what you’re seeing, this will be helpful as we investigate further. (Please note that the inbox issue is not related to the improvements being worked on it.)

Thank you for your patience as they work on resolving this!

Best,
Camille
Viki Community Team

6 Likes

Thank you for your answer.
Do you know why since a few days we’ve been having issues logging out and in?
Because I’ve just been logged out and had to try 4-5 times before succeeding to log in.

4 Likes