Cause is too cold for me here šŸ„¶

Hiii, these days iā€™m pass for a cold time, yes iā€™m think iā€™m goona die, every day i want to use some heater butā€¦ is too cold than a heater not goona work, yesā€¦ in the most part of the wolrd is a little bit hot because is spring butā€¦ for me the cold winter is coming to me, yes i donā€™t know the reason for this coldā€¦ but is sooooo hard to me wait my body heat up and i so that I can sleep without shaking

Please give me some hints how warm me up faster.
Please help me here in the comments :wink::cold_face::snowflake:

3 Likes

Have you tried a warm drink? If itā€™s so cold where you are then your blood will withdraw from extremities like fingers, toes, ears and nose, hands and feet, arms and legs to your body core to try and preserve any remaining heat lost in circulation to ensure the circulation to vital organs. The trick is not to warm up too fast as it will draw circulation away from your core to your limbs where heat is easily lost. Keep your head wrapped up well as the blood is circulated to the brain to preserve the most vital organ of all. A warm drink will warm you from inside out, the shaking is the bodyā€™s natural way of generating heat to keep your core temperature from falling too far. Curl up into a ball under blankets rather than stretched out straight so your body isnā€™t trying to heat up more area.
Sometimes here in winter getting into bed is colder than the room that is warmed up by the heater, so it helps if you can just warm up the bed and not the whole room. An electric blanket is good for that, it just heats up a small area and not trying to warm a room. Sometimes they can get too hot as itā€™s in contact next to the body!

3 Likes

If you are really so cold:

• Are you eating enough, you need calories also to warm your body.
  • As Ninjaswithonions said: cover your head with a hat (where the fastest body heat loss occurs), also drink hot teas, Ginger is in particular warming
  • Wear warm socks
  • do some exercise and air your room frequently to get enough oxygenā€¦
  • I donā€™t know where you live, but I do use cherry pits pillows you can heat in microwave these are just small sized pillows not like pillows, use heating pad to heat your bed, turn off when you go to sleep. - You could improvise with some cheap rice, you can sew two wash cloth together and fill 2/3 with rice close it and heat in micro for 2 min.

If nothing is really helping, something is perhaps not in order and call your doc or nurse.

3 Likes

Apart from all the sound advice given above, what aboutā€¦ someone to keep you warm?
In Greek there is a proverb, that goes ā€œĪŗĻĻĪæ, ĪŗĪ±Ī¹ĻĻŒĻ‚ Ī³Ī¹Ī± Ī“ĻĪæā€.
The rhyme is lost in translation, but it means ā€œitā€™s cold, time to be twoā€.

3 Likes

I say, move to a milder climate :beach_umbrella:

3 Likes

yesss but i live in a tropycal country and in most part of the year is hot but now is making soo much cold, yes iā€™m thinking to buy a lot of hand heaters and put in my bed, and drink tea but i alweys i be long 30 minuties to stay hot. you know in this time ib stay watcibg tv becayse is making soo many cold;.

yeah iā€™m gonna try your hints thanksss :smile:

2 Likes

Please be cautious, these might harm you, to sleep with hand heaters. Careful of burns.

2 Likes

You need to make yourself a nice hot toddy (grog). Provided you have the right age for it :grin:
Otherwise of course not :thinking:

3 Likes

kkk i donā€™t drink chocolate milk

2 Likes

yesss. but iā€™m too young :rofl:

2 Likes

yes ! is very dangerous, iā€™m gonna use only safe
advices! Iā€™m already getting ready for winter :wink: :snowflake:

2 Likes

A sister, mother, best friend will do the trick too.

3 Likes

yes. my mom is the best, she alweys warm me up! :blush: :

3 Likes

And thereā€™s me thinking you lived in the middle of Siberia!
See if you can get something like this.
AC_SL1500 AC_SL1500
Here in the UK winters are cold and often snows. Our houses have central heating built in for winters.
During winter, when I HAVE to watch ā€œjust one moreā€ episode of a drama until itā€™s 3~4 in the morning I canā€™t justify turning on the heating to warm up the whole house just for me.
An electric fan heater is too expensive to run (2Kw), the fan noisy, the hot air flow dries the eyes.
Thatā€™s where this heat pad the size of a small electric blanket comes in. Itā€™s big enough to keep just me cosy (use a blanket to trap the heat) for hours of drama binge watching even when itā€™s freezing outside.
Itā€™s cheap to run and covers a bigger area than a hand warmer and I can turn up or down how hot it gets.
We got it primarily to warm the bed and blankets up because despite having the central heating on all evening, both would remain stubbornly cold. We do remove it before bed as it not really to sleep with as it gets kicked about and the cord tangles in arms and legs.

But as @simi11 said, if these things are not helping much then perhaps get a general check up with your GP, things like low blood pressure/poor circulation can often make low air temperatures feel a lot colder than it is.

Using the warm, cosy wife as a hand warmer = a shock, a scream and being kicked like a donkey. :smile:

4 Likes

@sofis_306 your fellow fan @ninjas_with_onions has some practical advice, that might just solve the issue at hand, I say yup! Follow through with all.
:smile::sparkles::wink: This last one you can save in the files for later in life :laughing::smile:

2 Likes

yes! but i think gonna be in 2037, in this time iā€™m gonna have a person who gonna hold me^^

2 Likes

@sofis_306

I used to feel extremely cold all the time even when weather was nice and warm and I had anemia. If you can go to a Doctor go and do a blood check up, to rule out anemia.

Iā€™m always cold so I take a very hot bath and that helps me a lot bc I put layers of clothes that helps too.

4 Likes

thwe hat is very good, a woolen scarf around neck, mittens, socks, double clothing, even heating pad hot drinks, just make you go to the bathroom . anyway all of these hints are very good. try them and see,

3 Likes

ok^^ i think is because have a type of hurricane came to my country.

New ciclone bomba came for sudeste of sĆ£o paulo the wind is of 70km/h

i see this today on the news
iā€™m scary

2 Likes

I doubt they have that where she lives. I bought a warm up blanket that had high, medium and low temp, but couldnā€™t sleep thinking the darn thing would catch fire, and burn me alive. I used it for 2 weeks and gave it away. I looked like a racoon for lack of sleep lol

Since my anemia never goes away (just get better for a while) I learned to live with that, but she hasnā€™t gotten used to the cold which oddly enough is affecting my Island bc some parts of PR. get as low as 44 degrees. We send our family sweaters and coats, sweat suits etcā€¦bc is the carribeans, and coats are never sold in stores.

3 Likes