Character LIMIT for Reviews and Comments

@vikicommunity, what do you think about limiting the number of characters allowed for reviews and comments? How many do you think would be appropriate?

3 Likes

I don’t ever read the comments so I can’t speak to that, but I wouldn’t want to limit characters for reviews, there are some people who give long, very well thought out, thorough reviews, and limiting the character count would make those thorough reviews impossible, I also don’t see the need, if it’s a long review only 5 lines show until you hit the read more button (at least on my laptop, where I watch Viki.)

6 Likes

I agree with the long part… lol But most of the lengthy reviews tend to contain too much info, even in the first 5 lines. Same for the comments. I feel like sometimes it’s just a cry for attention, but it can really spoil it for people who have not seen all of the episodes. There are some people who edit their review after every episode.

3 Likes

isn’t there a 5000 character limit in the reviews? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it…

3 Likes

vivi’s right. There is a limit of 5000 characters allowed in the review area. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If people would stop just putting :heart: a million times that would help!!!

5 Likes

5000? That’s a lot! I think 1000 would be sufficient! lol

2 Likes

if you are having trouble with it, Just ignore them dear. If spoilers aren’t hidden just report them

2 Likes

Some users leave really nice,detailed reviews that are fun to read. And 1000 characters is not really enough… it’s about 40 lines

3 Likes