CHINESE TO ENGLISH SUBBER HITS 1,000,000 subs! CONGRATULATIONS!

Congratulations Shaldane!

Please do not criticize all subbing done at viki. We are all volunteers here with varying levels of ability but we do share a passion to give our time and effort freely. If you will be specific about which Korean dramas are poorly done in English, do let me know because I have been an editor on about 200 dramas and if a specific error is noted, I will review and correct. A blanket criticism is useless when I reviewed thousands of episodes. I am a native speaker of English with two graduate degrees and was and am a practicing attorney as well as a former college professor. I, too, am human so I admit I make errors of omission and commission but I don’t believe anything I have ever touched is “dire” with respect to the English subtitles.

2 Likes

Just what I was going to say Simi. On Viki subtitles are a work in progress. They are reworked many times over a long period of time. The first run will be full of errors. With good editing, these errors will be corrected, but it takes a long time to get to that point so in the mean time the subs may not be 100% correct.

But this is not the place for such a discussion.

2 Likes

Congratulations