Comedies with Lovable Kids/ 'Adopted' Families

they’re the best :joy: LOVE the gifs

1 Like

Ok, I’m on episode 10 and FL (character, the actress is doing fine) is not as good as the one in Perfect and Casual, (but that one doesn’t have kids) She’s not coming across as a psychiatrist who’s been practicing for a few years, I think her professionalism is lacking. The kid though is the cutest little guy, so far him and Miles are what makes the drama worth watching. Miles is playing an overbearing CEO, isn’t that one of your favorite tropes? lol

1 Like

I reached Episode 5 and Miles Wei just CANNOT be an overbearing CEO for the life of him :joy::heart: His whole demeanour is just so gentle and adorable… :sob: And he has that awkward-sweetheart aura at all times no matter what role he plays

but you’re right the FL is a little off :grimacing:

1 Like

Ok, he’s trying to be the overbearing CEO, lol. You’re right, he’s just too sweet.
Personally I think the writers knew nothing about parenting or psychology, she’s completely undermining his authority and in my view it verges on parental alienation. Miles & the boy are just so cute though.

This is only the second drama I’ve watched of Miles Wei, Perfect and Casual was really good, what’s your favorite?

1 Like

You just cannot expect cdrama writers to make sense. It’s a rule in Cdramaland. A cdrama that makes sense is rare and different - not an ordinary cdrama. I didn’t expect for one second that Unforgettable Love would show even a teensy bit of actual psychology… it’s on one of the lower levels of cdramas anyway - the kind you watch just for the fluff. I did notice the parental alienation thing… the whole dynamic is weird and just for the laughs, I guess.

Also… confession: It’s just Perfect & Casual. I’ve watched it quite a few times, and that’s why I keep feeling like I’ve watched lots and lots of Miles Wei when it really is just one and a quarter of his dramas :sweat_smile::joy:

And My Marvellous Fable has high priority on my watchlist - if they release it in this century :flushed:

2 Likes

Well, Perfect and Casual is great, to me it’s one of those rare CDramas that make sense, and the FL was not a whiny doormat.

1 Like

Yes! I can list a few cdramas that made sense to me but we’re also depressing and dragged me through lots of heartache before giving me a happy ending, but i was surprised with Perfect & Casual - it’s a fluffy outrageous romcom CDRAMA, and still managed to showcase a nice, healthy relationship

1 Like