Contributions section messed up

So, I got yesterday evening on Viki, on my Contributions page. It really helps me to go into the dramas I work at the moment, since they are, well, WERE, posted in a chronological order. However, yesterday evening, the order was messed up: the first line up of dramas were dramas I completed 4 years ago. This morning, the order changed, with more recent dramas, but still 2016, mid 2017 ones, that are also already done. A special mention would be that, under every drama, there’s the “update time”, which shows “updated 5 hours ago”, even though I was really sleeping back then (it was 3 AM here).
I’m curious if anyone else is experiencing the same problem, and I can’t imagine why that happened. It was MUCH easier to get direct into the drama, without having to click 8712357235 before getting there…
Any thoughts or opinions on the matter…?..

2 Likes

@denisse_bach It is the same for me.
But if you go about your projects and erase one of your subtitles and after a while, you redo this subtitle, so the drama will come back in first place. You can do that on all your current projects. But, the update is not immédiat, it takes about half an hour between each update.
I do not know if it’s clear. Sorry, it’s a little difficult to explain.

1 Like

@kobolt

From what I have seen, the update does not depend on us at all. They update them themselves.

I also have this problem.
I didn’t have this problem with my projects page until this morning but when I went on it I saw it was only old projects appearing.
Plus lately I also had problems when I was subtitling. I was subtitling and when I went on my contributions page I saw “a subtitle created on a deleted video” whereas the video was here and there is no problem on it.
And I also have a lot of problems in loading subtitles editor the “500 Error” message appears one in three times.

1 Like

@irmar, Yes, of course,for what happened that night, but if you want your projects to take the order you want, you can do what I wrote. This is what I have been doing since this morning and the problem is solved for my page now.

1 Like

@deval_chloe Coucou, je ne sais pas lequel de tes projets tu veux voir passer en première position de ta page, mais il suffit d’y aller dessus, t’écrire un sous-titre, tu attends un peu pour qu’il soit vraiment enregistré, puis tu l’effaces vraiment (il ne faut plus qu’il apparaissent, donc efface puis save) et après un moment (minimum un quart d’heure), le projet en question sera de nouveau en première place sur ta page de projets. C’est plus simple que de les chercher partout.

It’s a good method.
However I made my own table on my “About me” page because I don’t want to depend on their order.

2 Likes

Me too, for a long time, because it’s often a mess…But I like others to know what I’m translating right now.

1 Like

@kobolt Effectivement c’est plus simple, mais en fait j’ai trouvé la technique pour ne pas avoir à m’embêter, en fait je vais directement dans “rôle de la chaîne”. Après le truc qui m’a le plus perturbée c’est que quand je traduisais ça mettait “un sous-titre créé dans une vidéo supprimée” alors que la vidéo n’avait aucun problème et était bien là.
Mais bon de toute façon on sait bien que y’a toujours des bugs sur Viki même s’ils sont résolus ils peuvent réapparaître n’importe quand.
Encore heureux, là ça n’empêche pas de faire des contributions.

1 Like

@kobolt @irmar Ladies, thanks for the suggestions. I’ll try both the delete and add content table solutions, to avoid headaches and waste my time on unnecessary things:)
@deval_chloe Thank God I didn’t get the “500 error”! Well, yet, at least…:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hmmm, they are “updating” all the dramas themselves. And all at once.

Maybe it’s to count the contributions for the badges? I hadn’t noticed them doing that before, though. Might be just something they’re tweaking atm.

2 Likes

And that is my guess as well. :slight_smile:

the timing was in sync with the end of the subathon.

And I went and saw other folks had the same thing happening, so they ran a short program and it had this effect. As we work with our current projects, they will again shift back toward the top hopefully. :slight_smile:

2 Likes