[Solved] Conversion from QC Trainee to QC

Does anyone know how a QC Trainee becomes a regular QC after reaching 3000 subtitles? Is it an automatic process or do I need to apply somewhere? It’s been a few days since I passed 3000 subtitles, and Helpdesk is not responding back. I have already logged out and logged back in a couple times.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I’ve received a real email when I became a Gold QC.
You should get one, too. But only Viki (Help) can help you there.
But sometimes the counting system works a bit strangely, with me it was sometimes 50 subs ahead or behind.
Good luck.

3 Likes

I guess Viki has a new bug, there is another subtitler that is not a QC despite having 3,000+ contributions.

I’ve even seen a recent QC without Viki Pass.

Maybe the Help Center needs to do something about it.

2 Likes

I really hope they won’t change the rules regarding the number of subs

I mean 1000- trainee
3 k qc
20 k gold qc

1 Like

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/215075068-What-is-Qualified-Contributor-QC-status-

It says automatically changed.
Maybe you need to try our favorite steps in here, deleting cookies and cache log out and back in again. Don’t know if it can help, I don’t know if the system “runs” over the weekend.

2 Likes

Thank you all. I have over 3200 lines, and I’ve done all that but it’s still not changed. I guess I have to wait for the Helpdesk to respond back.

1 Like

I still think there could be a difference in time, when it says automatically, but it doesn’t state immediately.

Edit: I just went to your profile and there it is - QC!

3 Likes

Yes! It looks like I just had to be a little more patient! Thanks. :smiley:

2 Likes