Good evening everyone,
As you might have noticed, there has been a difference between general security of certain channels. I would like for us to discuss about it and perhaps submit the idea of having only designated channels. We could maybe describe advantages and drawbacks of having a designated channel.
◘ Why we shouldn’t have designated channels?
• Encourage new subtitlers / segmenters to contribute. (Still as they don’t message moderator, they might have a harsh treatment and therefore do the opposite. Plus segmenters haven’t gone under training.)
• Finish drama that would never be done, or were neglected. (But at what cost? And alone, without team?)
◘ Why we should have designated channels?
• Have a certain Security that encourage order and rules on Viki. (https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000238047-Volunteer-Guidelines)
• Prevent new contributors to be considered as abuser.
• Reduce difficulties of management one can encounter.
• Respect every contributor on the team.
• Improve quality, restrict long hours of editing and rectifying segmentation.
• Experiment viki’s life with teamworkers
• Favor exchanges and communication between new and old contributors, exchange experiences. Favor friendships.
Why should a particular channel be designated instead of others?
What are the requirements to become a designated channel? Why should some be designated while others are not. Are there more important channels? Who’s deciding?
Are Korean channels more important than Chinese ones?
I may have forgotten some key points. I’d like to hear your opinion on this subject and encourage Viki to take designated channels into consideration as to improve our “working” conditions, our well-being, and a security for all new contributors that aren’t aware of the main rules on Viki.
@camiille, @giant_sean, @amyk, think it’s important to know how Viki’s users are feeling and how together, we can help everyone enjoy our time here. We’re just wanting and trying to make things better.