Disappearing segments

Ok, I know this falls under Bugs and Technical Difficulties, and I know we have to post it somewhere else, but I post it here just in case some of you find a hack, and want to share it with the rest of the mortals:)
After subtitling a line in a drama, Tab and next line, the red sentence “Please refresh” appears. I “refreshed”, and after that, the screen with “Before subtitles can be added, this video needs segments. Learn how or start segmenting.” pops up, denying acces to the subtitle editor. It happened until now at 2 dramas I tried to work at: Grand Prince, and My Dear Boy.
If anyone knows something that can help us, then please… HELP!!! :grin:

6 Likes

Yes I noticed it with My Dear Boy.
To my understanding, the channel manager has contacted viki about the problem in which they said they are fixing it asap.
We’ll just have to wait for now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue with April Star. For once, I was able to sub on it, I had time and finally after two subtitles done this “Please refresh” appeared Obviously, when I saw that, I “refreshed” and then “Before subtitles can be added, this video needs segments. Learn how or start segmenting.” I even tried changing my browser thinking maybe it was only with Google Chrome but no, nothing to do. I tried with Microsoft Edge, with Opera and even with Mozilla Firefox ^^
Always this sentence appearing.

3 Likes

Same problem in Untouchable lovers ep 17.

2 Likes

Same on “The Witness” and Well… Grand Prince and many other dramas… :smile: :sunny::ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue with Switch. The screen appears with “Before subtitles can be added, this video needs segments. Learn how or start segmenting.”

2 Likes

same in EVERY of my drama…

1 Like

Dear All,
this issue has been addressed in Bugs here. They say that most of them are fixed now, but not all.

From Kristie:
The team has fixed most of the videos but is still working on fully fixing the issue.
In the mean time, segments should be appearing on most videos again.
_For videos where segments are still not appearing on Segment Timer or if you see “this video needs segments” error message on Subtitle Editor, please refresh the page to see them. _
If you continue to experience problems seeing segments after refreshing the page, don’t hesitate to let me know!
Cheers,
Kristie

2 Likes

This is happening with many of the dramas I am currently working on :cry::sob:

It looks like all the videos on the site have this problem. So let’s hope that it will be resolved soon :smiley

3 Likes

Same problem - The White Tower ep.7

2 Likes

NO THIS IS NOT FIXED.

AND IT’S BOTH TOOLS SINCE LAST NIGHT. AND “SERVER REBOOTS” OF THE TOOLS, 5 TIMES IN ABOUT 5 MINUTES AS WELL.

I put up a ticket last night, I put up notes on the community page, and i’m off for a couple of hours. I can’t get anything done. I am tired of EVERY MOVE IN EITHER TOOL MAKING ME REFRESH THE WHOLE THING AND THEN SEARCH FOR MY POSITION!

On top of it all, I was in SUB EDITOR on English trying to edit a few minutes ago and it then told me it had not even been segmented. Yes, I know. “REFRESH THE PAGE” is the fix. BUT I HIT THAT FIVE TIMES AND CHANGED TO SEG TIMER TO GET IT TO WORK.

At this point, clearly the vikibugspray issued to all personnel needs an UPGRADE.

See you in a few hours. Hoping if they load our next ep, that this isn’t the way it goes.

GeNie of the Lamp was actually going to be caught up at Untouchable Lovers AND work on another project but nooooo not today… yeah…forget that!

2 Likes

Same problem for Untouchable Lovers’ italian team members. :cry:

1 Like

Same for Sparrow ep. 34.

1 Like

:sob: The Witness, I waited 24h and began to translate the best part of this movie. It’s the only part I wanted to translate. Viki, just make it available for 1 hour, I have to finish translating what the killer is saying, it’s killing me right now :head_bandage: It was really at the peak of the movie, damn it :confounded:

2 Likes

UPDATE.

IF you gt the “segmenting needs to happen” screen - the lockout of the subtitle editor…this is how you get it back.

1. CAREFULLY open seg timer. DO NOT TOUCH ANY SEGMENTS! or you will be sad later… :frowning:

2. RELOAD THE PAGE. upper left hand corner in chrome - it then reloads.

3. IF the segments APPEAR…

4. OPEN SUB EDITOR. You can then sub into the episode.

5. HOWEVER…EVERY TIME THE RED “REFRESH” MESSAGE COMES UP, YOU MUST DO THAT OR IT LOCKS AGAIN!

SIGH. BE Oh so careful in Seg timer. An accident there, and who knows if we can get the work back right now. :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks, Linda for this tip! I wanted to try it but surprisingly, I could enter the Subtitle Editor without error message.
I don’t know if it’s reworking, I could finish the part I wanted, I can sleep happy XD Feeling good!

For others, maybe try again to enter the Subtitle Editor (sometimes it works, sometimes not, depends on the moment, it’s luck?).
=> If you get to enter the Sub Editor without error message like “in need of segmenting”, just continue to subtitle normally without refreshing (even if they say in red to refresh it).
When you finish the part 100% and refresh the page 1x or 2x, everything is saved 100% and contributions are shown in your profile.

(if there’s a mistake in the sub you wrote + the video doesn’t stop even if you pause it to correct the mistake:
just copy paste the sentence you want to correct in a document or somewhere, correct it on the doc and copy it.
Back in the wrong segment Ctrl+A to select the full wrong segment and Ctrl+V to paste the correct sentence)

1 Like

This works perfectly!
Thanks for your tip :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s the BADGES.

last month, the disappearing contributions and editing. That badge.

This month.…this headache for a couple of days now….and lo and behold, the MARCH BADGE POPPED UP …notification… while I was dealing with the headaches at UL. :frowning:

speechless…at the lost time and efforts…all because of the badges?

4 Likes

Yes, my notification popped up.
However, I don’t see it in my badges list on my profile. Anyone else?

2 Likes

So… after hearing a couple of your experiences and advice, the pattern seems to be this one: every time they release a badge, there are 3 or 4 days of “black hole” when they release/update it to the profiles. No one knows when the “black hole” begins, how it works, or when will it end. If things are going to go like this until the end of the year, EVERY month, then I don’t want any badge. But even if I don’t want it and I don’t do the tasks for it, my profile and working projects will still be affected in the “black hole” period of time, 'cause this affects everyone, regardless of the participation at the badge contest or not. Isn’t it… a little bit… stupid…?..

4 Likes