Drownings revamps etc

has anyone ever noticed in some of our favorite dramas, something happes, our favorite knocked out falls in the water, and of course loses memory, and comes to as someone else or in another era. wonder why they do that I mean signifance of “death” maybe then revitalize ? I have watched about 4 dramas like this and was wondering about the water scene . anyone?

2 Likes

Water represents rebirth. When we are in our mother’s womb we are surrounded by water called the amniotic fluid. Asians dramas revolves around fate and reincarnation something I don’t believe in but that’s me. Falling in the water dying and ‘‘coming back’’ means they are born again.

1 Like

ok! yeah that makes sense, I also don’t believe in reincarnation. so thaats the key then, rebirth. ok good answer! thanks for clearing it up for me

2 Likes

Water means rebirth in many cultures, including the Christian religion, where baptism in water makes you symbolically reborn to a new life as a Christian. Or something like that - it’s been exactly half a century since I went to catechism.

1 Like

Water is also used to baptize people. It is a way of purifying oneself of all that is bad. The main characters in these types of drama are usually selfish and stubborn and not very good people. By going through the water, they are given a second chance to perform good deeds, which they inadvertently do. When they get back to their own time, they are usually changed in some fashion or another, having a new take on life and an inner strive to help others.

Anyway, that’s just my opinion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haaa haaa, I didn’t see your reply, so I made a similar post. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes