Exclusive Exclusivity: What KOCOWA Is Doing Isn't Right!

In all honesty, the Viki Pass doesn’t include subtitles, offering instead access to HD content without any ads. Each drama has to be manually translated by either the Community or the Viki staff. It’s hard work too with so many shows, so please be understanding. Everyone’s doing their best.
The Plus Pass grants exclusive access to Korean dramas-only, which do come pre-subbed courtesy of KOCOWA.
I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thie Tale of Nokdu was available from the beginning

1 Like

It was on Viki since it started airing, how else could I work on it because Kocowa is blocked for me?! Maybe it wasn’t for you since you are in a region where Kocowa isn’t blocked.

May I point out something, the original post by @adrianmorales above, from April 2019, is specifically referring to the drama called: “The Nokdu Flower”, which is not and never has been available on Viki, only elsewhere. The drama with a similar name “The Tale of Nokdu”, as we all know, has always been available on Viki. Just a simple mix up with the similar titles, I believe. :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Yup. Apparently, some confusion over “Nokdu”. Two different K’s.

This was available as a Fan Channel but later taken down.

https://www.viki.com/tv/36569c-the-nokdu-flower/wall

This has been available on Viki from FC to On-Air to date.

1 Like

@dudie @sheishun @teufelchen_netty_266 @jadecloud88

I’m so sorry for the confusion, everyone. I myself was confused since I originally made this post in May of last year. Back then, I was talking about a drama that was exclusive to KOCOWA, but not the one on Viki.
kocowa.com is an independent platform with its own subscription plans that should mirror the KOCOWA on Viki. I initially wrote that it was unfair to make viewers pay twice – on Viki for the Plus Pass and again on the KOCOWA site – and I still stand by what I wrote.
In some strange twist of fate, there seems to be two completely different Kdramas that feature the word Nokdu as part of their title. I thought they were both the same, KOCOWA finally offering parity to its services and viewership. I was wrong, and now I dislike KOCOWA more than ever :confused:

Here is the disputed drama that prompted me to make this post last year:

2 Likes

NP. No apology needed. It can happen to anyone. :slight_smile:

It is prevalent. It is, however, within the rules of the corporate jungle, be it local or global. IMHO, unless rules are changed, the corporations are allowed to promote their services within legality and as far as their marketing ingenuity leads, and that includes differentiation and exclusivity. Also, as long as two parties agree to tango, be it B2B or B2C.

Still, what you are doing may be a Sisyphean task, but it is admirable. thumbs up

2 Likes

Thank you. :smiley: Mmm… Sisyphus was punished to do the same thing over and over again, never getting anywhere. I’m raising awareness in hopes of getting somewhere. :sweat_smile: I know I’m not the only one who dislikes KOCOWA. It really is a terrible service. Unlike Chinese and Taiwanese and other Asian dramas, the ones from KOCOWA come at a premium price and – as if that wasn’t enough – with exclusive titles that not even Plus Pass viewers can enjoy. It’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

Are subtitles avail immediately on Kocowa? Or do you have to wait ?

1 Like

Interesting, love temperature is available on kocowa.com in my area but not on viki.

1 Like

Terius Behind Me is also on Kocowa but not on viki.

2 Likes

Do you mean this show? It’s here, with a slightly different name. I was on the team.

1 Like

Similar to how DramaFever operated, all the content on KOCOWA is pre-subbed in either English or Portuguese before being released.

1 Like

yes, it’s not available in my region (USA)

1 Like

Good news everyone
It is now…

1 Like