Expiring Licenses

I’m in ~Massachusetts, lol… you? ^-^

Rather than diff state-locks, more likely it’s just that the ~iOS app itself is not updated yet… lucky iOS :smirk:

Guess I’ll have to research this “VPN” stuff I keep hearing about, but I’ll miss using my preferred LGTV! :computer:

2 Likes

@simbiani Hello neighbor, Im in NH, there are few in MA and I met last month a Vikian in Boston, someone who visited from Cali :smile:

2 Likes

It is an extremely confusing situation. I am a QC in the US. Without using any vpn service, when I go to “To the Beautiful You” there is a message that “This title is currently unavailable. The team is always working on ways to get more content up on viki.” But If I click on any episode, it starts running just fine.
The same is true for several other dramas scheduled for removal on July 17.
So look on this as an opportunity: if you wanted to save the subs in your respective license, do it now!!! PM me if you need instructions! Or if you want to watch, marathon NOW.

4 Likes

exactly. it appears QC can still watch as the final curtain drops. :frowning:

@cgwm808 After reading the list I was reminded that those two dramas were not listed and searched for the comment because I was sure I saw it.

It’s strange. I just checked Swallow the Sun and I can still watch it just fine. I’m located in Europe.

What’s drama? Is it Kill Me Heal Me?

@trangle8507 It’s Protect the Boss

1 Like

Some episodes will remain on Viki. :wink:

It would be useful to have this information the show page. I started watching something and its license expired. Now I have to wait to watch the rest of the show (if it gets back ever)…

1 Like

It is on my “to watch list” but it is gone now.

@lhkfan It’s still available for me, but it’s either because I am in Europe, or because I’m QC.

I think it might be remaining until at the end of this month (or sooner) if they don’t renew license, it’ll be “gone”.
It’s available to me. I am a QC and I am in the U.S.

No way… :sweat_smile: Don’t do this to me, to us… Viki!
For now, it still works for me, but I guess it’s only temporary…
That’s so sad… All these dramas, these good dramas, these classics…
If we have to say goodbye to these old dramas and if we can’t say hello to dramas on air, I wonder what we can watch on Viki…
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/20/28/ee/2028ee4ac253d8d55f14b0f6270d298c.gif

4 Likes

What do you mean?

Why is I Hear Your Voice going away? This is the show that got me hooked to Kdramas in the first place and I was hoping to watch it with my mom soon. Now it’s gone! Please re license it. Please

3 Likes

Request your expiring faves here: https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/ :kissing_heart:

@andstuffness We can speculate, that it’s because a simple license ending … Or, because of the new side the 3 big broadcasters created … Or, whatever reason … It’s just that speculating is not knowing the truth, so at the moment there is nothing left to request your most loved shows and except what is to come.

@cgwm808 The manager of KARA: Secret Love Fans let us know that this will expire as well

You can see all the information by viewing the source code of the channel page. I looked up e.g. MLFAS and it says it’s available till 07/2019 for the following countries: AE, AF, BA, BE, DE, etc.

2 Likes