Freemium video editor for personal videos

I went out running on Friday morning and captured about half an hour on my phone. I want to edit it down to go on my Facebook page. It’s got some natural points at which to edit out weird jiggly stuff and uninteresting views of the sidewalk I was running on.

I am looking for a simple video editor with a few special effects that a newb like me can use. If it adds a watermark, I don’t care. I just do not have spare change for a monthly fee right now. Online is fine, but if I can download to my desktop computer, that would be better.

4 Likes

I usually use Adobe Premiere, DaVince Resolve or Capcut :blush:

Hope help you! Anything you can ask :heart:

5 Likes

For simplicity, I’d recommend Adobe Premiere Rush. It’s waaaaay more simple and easy to get a hang of than the professional Premiere Pro. For someone who isn’t really interested in learning all the nitty gritty details of video editing, I think this one is the best option. As far as I’ve heard, it doesn’t have a watermark.

DaVinci Resolve is also pretty good, but again, it’s a little difficult to get a hang of.

3 Likes

Also @vivi_1485

Continuing the discussion from Freemium video editor for personal videos:

How expensive are the options you suggest? I have $100 in the bank at the moment, and none of it is in the category of “fun money.”

1 Like

Maybe you want to look up simplevideocutter there is a free version out there, I don’t know how it works in the Americas, but it was suggested at a German download page, so I won’t give you the link, as it is all in German. They offer many download programs and have a good reputation. It is said to have an easy handling. I can’t tell. Never cut any video so far.

3 Likes

If you could give me the link, that would be fine. I am close friends with a family of language tutors known as the Googles. They are good auf Deutsch.

Not that good with Spanish.

(Giphy)

1 Like

“They are not known in my neighborhood, be careful!” :wink: PM is coming.

2 Likes

Anyeonghaseyo, Viki-Eonni!

(Giphy)

1 Like

The best free editor I’ve seen is DaVinci Resolve, it’s a professional-grade tool offered for free. You may have trouble on some lower end systems as I believe it requires support for either OpenCL or CUDA (most newer computers will support one of the two). It sounds from your description like you need something a little more powerful, so some of the more basic FOSS editors won’t cut it.

4 Likes

Here’s the link for the English version:

Summary

https://simplevideocutter.en.softonic.com/

I’ve no idea if this is good (as in virus-free) but the app looks pretty simple. If you’ve antivirus installed, you should be fine. If not, be careful of malwares. Adobe and DR are popular but they are a bit more advanced, or should I say, “complex”? No harm trying out the free versions if you can get access to them.

Have fun! :beers:

Premiere Rush has a free trial and then costs 10 dollars a month. DaVinci Resolve is free.

1 Like

Both have a free option of account, at least in my region… :blush: I think the point It’ll be which one you will adapt better, I seen that many volunteers explained very well about the programs for for you, but be free to ask me too :heart:

1 Like