Gender Bender for a New Genre in Explore?

So I was looking through all the shows to find something to watch and looked everywhere in the “genre” category and realized there was no “gender bender” or “cross-dressing” genre listed. There also wasn’t (as far as I could see) an option to search for (or exclude) certain ratings and you have to look at the shows to see whether it’s “PG” or “PG-13” etc. and I think that would be helpful, too. Not sure if anyone else has an opinion on this but I would definitely like these as additional search options in the future. Anyone else agree?

As far as Gender Benders I just finished re-watching “To the Beautiful You” and there’s also “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “Coffee Prince”. More recently there has been “In a Class of Her Own” (I haven’t started yet) and “Unicorn Girl” (finished watching this one) and I know there have been other historical dramas where women cross-dressed as men. I’m can’t recall off hand any men cross-dressing as women, but since it’s not a search option it would be difficult to say unless anyone remembers it!

1 Like

I was watching Waikiki 2 and read this soompi artice.
Here

Then, there’s also Personal Taste and Tale Of Nokdu

2 Likes

I doubt it would ever become a genre, but it is the subject of several people’s collections. On my Makeover collection, I list the shows with someone dressing as the opposite gender: https://www.viki.com/collections/2347014l-makeovers-male-or-female

2 Likes

As there is no possibility, no search function for collections you can always use normal search machines and type “Rakuten Viki (and at what you are looking for)”
So there is this collection

Or you can do the same searching with mydramalist instead of Viki, of course not all dramas mentioned there are available on Viki.

4 Likes

Oh wow, thank you! I didn’t know about most of those! I did watch Personal Taste a few times, though. That was a fun one. Looks like I have a lot of dramas to add to my watch list now!!

This was really helpful! I found a few other lists, too, but none of them are complete it looks like. They really, really need a gender-bender search category since there are so many of them - honestly there are more of these than there are in the “cartoon”, “Beauty” or "Biography categories (probably combined!!).

1 Like