[Closed] Help save our channel LEGEND OF ZHEN HUAN

Help us save the fan channel The Legend of Zhen Huan! Viki is removing fan channel videos this summer. Volunteers completed all 76 EPISODES of segmenting and difficult translations for this drama. Please fill out this REQUEST FORM to ask Viki to license it!

Request form link: https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/z1ovcsxe011lqq2/
Channel link: https://www.viki.com/tv/7160c-the-legend-of-zhen-huancompleted

Thank you!

3 Likes

Request sent, I hope you can save the subtitles… just in case… this is a wonderful drama with great actresses!!

1 Like

it’s not just ZH that’s being removed, folks. IT"S ALL FAN CHANNELS WITH VIDEOS!

At risk are other favorites like Go Princess Go, Novoland, ALL OF THEM. :frowning:

No exact date was given, by the way. Just "summer".

What can you do?

1. Visit your favorite fan channels, and the ones you want to see, and WATCH THEM. See all that hard work that’s going to be deleted.

2. PUT IN LICENSE FORMS. Will they matter? Well…that’s the only way to let the viki overlords know you CARE.

3. Post a supporting comment on the cover. Again let the TEAM know you care…sigh.

4. The viki overlords are letting the CM get a sub file IF they put in for it by 4/21. That’s in a few days. They have to let them know now whether or not they want their subs. So if you’re on a Team in this, contact your CM.

so many hours of work, so many videos, so many languages, and some of these dramas ARE unique in their translation and complete presentation here at viki. While we can understand from yes, a business standpoint that this sooner or later would become a reality, it is still one coming far too soon for many of us and well, this is all we can do.

I support the Teams, as I have said before, they are braver than I am to live on the volcano’s edge of extinction of their work on a daily basis - with videos being taken down, or corrupted, and all the challenges.

I hope the viki overlords find some more licenses to give the ones we will miss the most. Otherwise it will truly be a missed opportunity for a good many now and in future - beyond all the lost work and grieving of many valiant volunteers here.

And with that, I am following these very steps already, I heard a few days ago about this. :frowning:

Great Deletion 2, the Final Chapter, is upon us.

3 Likes

I have started downloading today Naughty Princess.(I have started from that since I haven’t watched it yet.And its smaller than others. Currently I am at 28 episode. I download the videos from dailymotion and the subs. Unfortunately the last four episodes haven’t been translated and apparently since the subtitle editor doesn’t work anymore they can’t be translated. I have sent a pm to the english moderator asking if she know someone that could help translate them offline and put them in a word file and I am willing to time them using aegisub.) I will try to save as many as possible but it isn’t easy. I hope we could make a team or something and share the load.

3 Likes

We all saw it coming but it is still such sad and sudden news. Really, only a week to request subtitle files as a sign of Viki’s “appreciation”? The only thing I can take comfort in is the knowledge that fans got to watch and truly appreciate these good dramas while they could.

3 Likes

Well, I thought the comment that “you can keep your contributions numbers” was pretty low. :frowning:

NOBODY did that for their seg or sub numbers.

And the last folks off those channels have fought tooth and nail to keep videos up, in all types of hassle - and done their best for us to enjoy these dramas.

Chinese drama is again the bulk of what we lose. :frowning:

The Scarlet Pimpernel

1 Like

The contributions staying should be a given. The part of the message that got me was the “Thank you for your understanding”…more like we got no choice. Yes, I posted a list of some cdramas that will be affected–not even all of them–and it is really long.

2 Likes

That too, sigh. I did a survey back last year when this started - and got depressed after logging all the fan channels.

It’s around 40 percent of ALL Chinese drama videos. :frowning: closer to half, I’d have to look at it.

It is not like we sat on our hands either, we have tried to ask for licenses.

I am so very sorry for what will happen. :frowning:

The Scarlet Pimpernel

1 Like

I have finished downloading the srt files for the english language for Naughty Princess, Novoland the castle in the sky and Go go princess so far. If someone wants them pm me.

4 Likes

Yeah let’s keep this up TOP. Fans and volunteers NEED TO SEE THESE NOTES.

The Scarlet Pimpernel

3 Likes

Yes, gotta get the word out especially to language moderators.

2 Likes

I think ALL the CM’s should send out notices from their manage key messaging to their language moderators - this deadline is FAR too near! CM’s too should spread the word, there are dormant CM’s out there and work being endangered for others too!

There’s so much being lost here, and I hope everyone can salvage the subs at least.

(horrified thought at all of that segmenting and editing too. :frowning: there are NO WORDS for this tragedy, in truth.)

We have always known the videos on the Fan Channels led an ephemeral life. But even so, the joy of seeing many more dramas than the viki overlords have licensed, WITH the proper timing and subbing, especially the more rare Chinese dramas, has been something to treasure. Waking up and finding them missing is not a good day, no, not in this vikiverse.

The Scarlet Pimpernel

3 Likes

Send. Btw, I just saw that the french mod was inactive for now (maybe school or thing IRL). Could you request french sub (they did 55 first episodes) so their hard work wouldn’t be waste? Thanks :slight_smile: Fighting!

2 Likes

Thanks for helping! Yes, I requested subs for all the languages I could.

2 Likes

Agreed. Way too little time. Although it says only CMs can request the file, language moderators can try to request if their CM is inactive. That is what I did for a couple of my fan channels.

2 Likes

That’s a great point - I was wondering since we do have folks on hiatus for real world reasons… :slight_smile:

I am now curious as to the response you get when you sent in your form for ZH? Do they send you additional information, or at least let you know they received it? (sometimes we send things to the viki overlords and they do not respond?)

I hope everybody has seen these notices, that’s another reason I am posting again.

I would really be sad to hear someone wanted their files and could not get them, asked too late or something.

2 Likes

License request sent. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

IMO, Viki should, as a courtesy at least, if not out of respect and appreciation, deposit or upload all the subtitle files of all the Fan Channels to be deleted in the summer, to somewhere that can be accessible to all teams/volunteers, without even having to request for the files, let alone having to do it under very short notice. All the scrambling and anxiety placed on volunteers are regrettable.

Viki, please consider doing so since not everyone involved in the channels to be deleted or wants to watch the channels are aware of the upcoming deletion. Would you please?

5 Likes

Before I sent the request form, I replied to the message from Viki staff asking if it’d be ok if I could request the subtitles as a mod since the CM was inactive. I was told to go ahead and submit the form. I have not received an email confirmation.

2 Likes

Thank you, every request counts!

2 Likes