Helpful info for our Ukrainian friends

@mattlock
Please don’t, we only wanted to use this thread as a useful tool for people in Ukraine who seek help either while they stay in the country or want to leave it.
This thread is not about the actions of the nations involved, but to provide help for those in need, even we can’t be there in person at least we can provide some information.

6 Likes

Exactly, which is why I didn’t join. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s already hugely political, per minimum, your making a statement of support for a group of people directly involved in a war (war isn’t political?). Not that I do actually personally support what you in the thread are trying to do also :).

Some quick things i noticed;
-What about refugees from Russia? There also impacted and some fleeing.
-Discussing a refugee crisis, that has never led to political parties rise and fall.
-Involving God in this mess, oh boy.
-The French elections (etc.) next week are partially influensed by these topics, thus indirectly your commenting on these.
-Directly aiding people fleeing a war, uuu, if any of you have admited to this in this thread… Thus filling the definition of directly participating in political event and making political statments of support with concrete actions.
-Discussing places being blown up and bombings
-Labelling opponents of your preffered side saboteurs, when they commited such acts :smiley:
-In directly discussing EU regulations on refugees
-Oh my, sanctions…
-Mentioning political leaders doing political stuff in a political event
-Labelling a certain country something, such as ‘The dictatorship in Moscow’, kinda blatant political stance if you ask me
-Posting videos of PoWs
-etc etc etc. Could probably name a 100 more political points.

My point: the rules should be changed or thread should remain banned for massive breakage of said rules. :wink:

2 Likes

@mattlock
You may have noticed that this thread was closed for a month. In this month we would always see, thread will open in 3,2,1 hour(s) …
And we got into hiding …
We do not want to explain over and over again what to better not post.

P.S. If one wanted to, every decision could be called - political - starting from what I eat for breakfast or if I buy second hand clothes … Then it starts and ends nowhere … there would be a big silence or endless discussions about it, if one wants to.

4 Likes

Indeed, though with common sense, you can explain away your lunch and make it sound non-political, but not something as society shattering as a war. ;). Plus comparing a lunch with a war is disingenious.

Btw, if I where from the ‘enemy’ side of this and read through even just a few posts, I would find this thread an extreme level of inflamatory. Especially posting Videos of PoWs etc. Not that I personally hope a certain person happens to get into a lerhal accident, but with some base emphaty it’s not hard to see.

It should remain closed at minimum, I shouldn’t be able to write here.

1 Like

I’m glad this topic is open again. Hopefully it stays that way now and that people refrain from doing things that are against the guidelines. Maybe I broke some as well, not sure. But I hope Viki sees our good intentions wanting to helping other Vikians in need by providing info.

I will post some more useful info later, if none shared it already, must check some things first. So much has happened in a month.

And I think it’s best that Viki deletes some posts. I see some posts I flagged are still on here.
@amyk @giant_sean can you moderate this topic?

5 Likes

@irene06

Wanted to know how you are doing and so Glad to see that you are working on a Hello Mr. Gu drama, and keeping yourself busy since that’s good to relieve the stress you are going through. I am so happy you have access to the internet. Keep in touch to know you are safe and sound.

4 Likes

@angelight313_168
Hello from Ukraine!

I’m still in Ukraine. Last week, missiles hit a building 1 km from my house. The windows in my house were blown away by the blast. But we have already fixed everything. That’s how we live. But let’s not talk about it. Actually, every day is the same for me. We are safe now.

I have a full-time job but now my company is experiencing some difficulties due to these events so I have much less work now. Of course, I work remotely because it’s dangerous to go to the other end of town. The company doesn’t even pay us a salary.

So now I have a lot of free time. A curfew has been imposed in my city, restaurants are closed, and shopping malls sell only basic necessities. To distract myself from this bad news I decided to get back to subtitling. So now I’ll be very active.

9 Likes