How much does it take until a staff answers you...?

Okay, at the beginning of the week, I got some requests from some subbers and moderators. If they are people I’ve never worked before with, I always go on their profiles, to check some things. I saw, on some of their profiles, that they got the July special badge. I went to my profile, nothing. I said to myself it will take a couple of days, so I waited. Thursday evening, nothing. I sent a pm to Camille, then the next morning to Kristine, and then filled in a ticket.
My genuine question is: how much does it take for one of them to respond, one way or the other? I’m aware I’m not the only one sending requests or PM’s to them, which is exactly why I’m curious how much time does this take. Anyone…?

1 Like

They usually reply to tickets within 24 hours. Not sure about pms.
Since you sent the ticket on a Friday though, you may have to wait until Monday.

1 Like

@denisse_bach
I went on your profile to see, I think maybe you didn’t have the badge because you wrote “(Dog) Days” with the parentheses. But I’m not sure about it.
Well, for how much time it takes for one of them to respond I think that depends of the subject. Personnally, I had to contact Camille a few days ago since we had an issue on one channel I have as Channel Manager she responded just one hour after I sent my message.

1 Like

I thought that as well, it was my side that tried to be creative (trying to fulfill the part with “have fun and be creative”) :)) It wasn’t mentioned anywhere, though, that we can’t do that. All they were saying was that you have to have Dog Days in the title. And I had it…
I was asking how much it takes 'cause I never filled in a ticket or something, and I wanted to brace myself for the period of waiting time:)
(Actually, I did send a ticket once. 4 years ago, but the things were slightly different back then:)…

Well, personnally, I prefer not to use the help center because I know I almost never have an answer or have to wait for months.
So I only contact the staff by pm. And Camille is the one who responds me the fastest until now. So I keep contacting her when needed.
I hope you will soon have a respond and that they will give you the badge.

1 Like

I think the staff will be busy with this concert so don’t expect any answers any time soon.

What’s up, QCs!

If you hadn’t yet heard, Viki and Soompi will be at KCON LA 2018! Stop by and say “hello” – we’re so excited to meet you all!

PLUS, QCs and Viki Pass subscribers will get a special gift bag*, just stop by the Viki booth (be sure to be logged in on the Viki app so we can double-check :))!

See you all this weekend!

(*while supplies last)

1 Like

You’re right, they have the Kcon as well this weekend. I guess I’ll wait and see;)

1 Like

Unfortunately for me, I can’t go to the KCON. I am in France. ^^
But anyway, the weekend they are not often responding to pms.

1 Like

It sometimes takes weeks so I’m always surprised they reply within 3 days.
And sometimes they just ignore you…

2 Likes

I send annoying ones, so months on end.

2 Likes

I wonder if my request counts as an annoying one…:))

1 Like

They… ignore you?.. well, oh well…@-@…

1 Like

I send a request a week ago and today I got a reply telling me how busy they are at the moment. Let me tell you, it didn’t help my request at all. The staff member used a generic message addressing a different user and it didn’t fit my issue at all. I know they can be busy, but if they have the time to copy and paste some message, they should be able to read one sentence of my request to realize their standard answer doesn’t fit at all.
I think I would rather be ignored until they read my message instead of this, It feels like mockery to me.

I hope you guys got answers that resolved your issues or that they at least have taken notice of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, how dare they! :laughing:
Just submitted a request because they didn’t provide any useful information when giving me a channel (license, when it will be up etc.) Let’s see how long it takes…

2 Likes

I think is a waste of your/our time to wait for answers bc even if you do get an answer: It will be just to give you a lame response/excuse, as to why your issue cannot be resolved.

Then, they have the nerve to ask you to answer a survey as to how ‘‘you liked the way your issue was resolved by such and such person’’ that’s a laugh! Nothing was resolved, I was not satisfied the way it was handled either but, who cares? They certainly didn’t when I explained to them the person NEVER resolved my issue.

For my peace of mind I no longer bother with the Help Center. It’s a real shame to the extent this site has deteriorated, and continues to deteriorate.

1 Like

That’s strange. A lot can be said about Viki, but their support has been pretty decent in my experience.

1. When I had a problem with an inactive Channel moderator, they always replied within 24 hours.
  2. When I needed a QC certificate, I had it within 24 hours.
  3. When a Viki Pass related bug appeared in the android app, they replied within a few hours and it was fixed VERY soon after. (Within a day, if I remember correctly.) - This was solved in the discussions, before they were fully commited about “bugs only in the help center”.

Your best chance if you have a problem is via the help center. Yes, they check the discussions as well (especially if you @ them), but I believe it’s easier to keep track of your problem in the help center.

1 Like