How to create new channel]

Continuing the discussion from [(https://discussions.viki.com/t/how-to-create-new-channel/129/2):

[quote=“dudie, post:2, topic:129, full:true”]
It’s still there but it loads a bit slower, it should appear between the top 25 and the postcards banner.
[/quote] Hi, I submitted a channel but I haven’t received any feedback and it said that it’ll take 3-4 days till it gets accepted or denied it has been almost 2 weeks now. I was wondering if there is another way to create a channel.

Sometimes it takes longer, depending on the channel. It also depends on which country it is from. I think it has to do with whether or not Viki will even look into getting the license.

I’ve also been waiting around 2-3 weeks about a channel that I submitted.

I’m not even surprised anymore when I have to wait a month or more. Sometimes I also PM Viki to have a channel removed because I already saw someone else got it.

For one channel they did inform me within 2-3 days and I was all surprised I already got a PM from them.

So be patient, the PM will come and if not ask Viki for an update on the channel you submitted in a month or 2.

They should update that message, it’s so misleading.

I’ve been waiting about a month so far for the last channel I submitted. Pretty normal wait time, like everyone said. Shouldn’t be, but it is.

Something to note though. As far as I’m aware, Viki doesn’t (or rarely) approves content from Japan or Hong Kong. (Also maybe Taiwan?)

I only know they don’t approve Japanese channels until there is a license. I submit them anyway while I know they get denied because I’m like if they get a license for it later they might know who submitted it earlier and contact that person(s) instead of just posting about it here to look for a CM who might be interested.

Hi,
They sent me the message about no approving from that country to dramas from all three: Taiwan, Japan and Hong Kong.
What are you supposed to do if you wanted to help on a channel and not CM it?
By and by, Viki staff told me that channels which are web dramas take even months to get approved.

In my opinion you should not submit channels you don’t want to be a CM for… I believe that’s also stated in the list of ‘rules’ you get when you are about to submit a channel. When I see a a Kdrama/Jdrama I don’t want to be a CM for and doesn’t have a channel yet I just fill in the request form since I’m pretty sure someone in the end will submit the channel (or already did looking at how much time it generally takes Viki to approve/deny a channel).

I don’t create channels I can’t be a CM for, but I wanted to know if there was a way to be notified when a channel you wanted to watch or help on was approved. In addition, sometimes by the time Viki approves a channel, the situation changes and you can’t. That’s why if I think there is a chance for my channel to be approved, I usually ask someone to co-manage it with me.

2 Likes