In Need for Latin subtitlers!

Hello!! :slightly_smiling_face:

My name is Jessica and I’m the Latin moderator for Train (Korean)

I need help in subtitling this show.Right now i have a small team of 4 people including me! If anyone is interested, please PM me.:envelope_with_arrow:
sugaswifewashere

3 Likes

Hola, me gustarĂ­a ayudar, ÂżCĂłmo puedo hacerlo?

1 Like

Hola! Tienes una cuenta de instagram en donde te puedo mandar mensaje? O esta mejor un PM?

Hola! si aun necesitan ayuda, me encantaria ayudar!

1 Like

¡Hola! estoy interesada en ayudar a subtitular… si es que aun necesitas ayuda

Hola también estoy interesada
Pero creo que ya no la necesitas, por que ya lo subiste hace un tiempo, pero si tienes algĂşn otro proyecto cuenta conmigo.

1 Like

Hola esto es un proyecto en el idioma Latin y te mande un mensaje en viki! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello there! If you are still looking for someone I can help! I´m Spanish speaker

Hola…soy nueva pero me gustaría ayudar a subtitular al español…

She’s looking for people who can subtitle in the ancient Roman language … :slight_smile:

afbeelding

Hola, soy nueva, me gustaria ayudar.

Be aware that she’s talking about the ancient language of the Romans, not about modern Spanish. :slight_smile:

Hola, si, lo siento me equivoque al momento de responder. Muchas gracias

1 Like

Hola, me gustarĂ­a apoyar en tus proyectos, English - Spanish

Hi, just had this text on top of the discussion forum …
Is it Latin?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Das ist ein sog. Platzhalter - Text.

or in English:
" … with words altered, added, and removed to make it nonsensical, improper …"

1 Like

That is Latin indeed.

1 Like

It’s Latin, old Latin from Romans, the dead language. It’s one of the official languages in Vatican, but it’s rarely spoken or used, except if you study to become priests or nuns who have to study this language in Vatican.
It’s the language base where French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese… come from.
But also English! +50 % English words are from Latin.

It’s different from “Latin American Spanish” that is a modern spoken language in the Center, South part of America (like Mexico, Chile…).
If you go in Spain in Europe, the main language is “Spain Spanish” or more exactly “Castilian Spanish”.
If you go in Latin America, they speak “Latin American Spanish”, because long ago, when America was discovered by Europeans, there were Spanish people who brought their language which was “Andalusian Spanish”, a region in Spain.
It was the Spanish king who asked the Italian navigator Christopher Columbus to discover a new itinerary to go to the East Indies, but while traveling he discovered America in the middle in 1492.

I found a map of the colonization of America after it was discovered:

The Spanish Empire at that time included Mexico (previously the “New Spain”) and Peru… It was the race to the New World.

Today, there are still remains from this past colonization 300-400 years ago, such as the language (Latin American Spanish for Argentina or Portuguese for Brazil), the religion, islands… Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guiana are still territories of France (after wars between settlers and Amerindians) or Cayman Islands a part of UK.

Since it’s Thanksgiving:
Thanksgiving in USA is a festivity to celebrate the first harvests of the “Pilgrims”, the first settlers from England in Plymouth in North America exactly 400 years ago. It’s from this colonization era.

Latin America where they speak “Latin American Spanish” nowadays:

To recognize Spanish, most of the time, lots of words end with -o, -a, -os, -as.
In old Latin, you have declensions that you learn by heart like -um, -em, -bus…

“Lorem ipsum” is the usual text sample by default that we meet when we create a design or a webpage for example and you want to see how it will look like, they give you the “Lorem ipsum” text as a preview. They put it in old Latin, so people know it’s a preview and not something to be read seriously.

Here for ex, you want to see or update this layout for your website, they show you templates so you see and pick:

–

They might be doing something or updates with the forum discussion.

2 Likes

I kind of like that sentence I think in the future, I will write that when someone asks about an issue. LOL, Viki might be doing something. :wink:

1 Like

I would argue that Latin makes it look MORE serious, lol. :stuck_out_tongue: