Is Viki's 2017 gift coupon expired?

Hi,
I tried both yesterday and today to use the coupon that was sent to me from Viki, but yesstyle.com claims: “Sorry, the provided Coupon Code has expired.”, so I thought I’d ask if this happened to anyone else.
To tell you the truth, on most years I would just leave it be and be content to just be subbing on Viki, but this year has been a little difficult on me and I just was looking forward to this treat. [The next paragraph is me ranting and TMI, so you can totally skip it, I just have to get this off my chest.]
I’m here on Viki since the end of 2012, so my 1st gift was on 2014. I totally didn’t expect it and really enjoyed getting it (I had no idea there were yearly gifts at the time). On 2015, we got a coupon to the Viki shop, but everything was way too pricy with the delivery to my country, so I didn’t use the coupon, but I still had no complaints, since I was having a great time just subbing. By the middle of 2015, I was having some personal issues and I had to sub a lot less, but I was still applying to be a moderator, because a friend of mine said she and a group (over 10 ppl) of her friends wanted to learn from me about Viki and join me in subbing (This didn’t come to pass, though I was dragged with it 'till around the middle of 2016.). On 2016, I was again happy to get Viki’s gift, 'cuz I didn’t know if I’ll be able to get a gift for 2017, as my personal issues became more severe, as in I had to take care of a sick family memeber which I did 'till the end of the last month or so (In the middle I has a bad comp malfunction, which took ages to get fixed, to add to my not being able to sub on viki annoyance). Last month, I got back to Viki only to find out there was a problem with the puncuation signs in my language (On some shows a question mark which is supposed to be at the end of a sentence appeared at the beginning; on others the “br” didn’t seem to work creating really weird and difficult to read sentences.). Because there didn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason behind which had which of the puncuation problems, I requested Viki’s help and decided to stop subbing for the time being. So yesterday, when a friend asked me about the gift, I got really excited and saw it as a ray of light in a really difficult year.
I don’t understand why the site says the coupon has expired; is it a code name to “somebody stole it and used it already” 'cuz 'till yesterday (I’m the only one who knows the passward to my email), I didn’t even know I got the gift; or maybe yesstyle.com decided they were not going to accept our coupons anymore?
The coupons are supposed to last us 'till the 31st of December, i.e. more that 8 months, since we, or at least I, got them on the 26th of April, but yesterday after almost exactly 2 months have past and they’ve already cancelled them? The coupuns have different codes to them, i.e. they knew exactly how many there are out there. Did you have this problem too,or is there some problem with my code.?
Thank you for your help and I do appologize for the long speech
P.s. do you have a way to get a quicker response from Viki’s help center?

I didn’t receive it at all…

In the terms and conditions of my coupon it said it will expire on december 31, 2017.Maybe somehow you don’t meet one of the other terms and conditions? That would be weird though.

1 Like

I don’t thinks so. What I bought only cost 24 dollars and I Got a 30 dollars coupon. Plus, I’m stil a gold qc. If there is a problem, in my opinion, it’s either with the coupon itself, I. E. I Got a bad one, or the store decided to cancel it. I followed the rules and registered and entered the code I got on the coupon slot at the payment section.
I wrote to Viki about it, ‘cuz It seems to me just plain unfair towards those of us Who didn’ t buy anything before the summer. There are a lot of volunteers who only have time for Viki during the summer months.
Thanks for the response

I sympathize with you. I have a friend who has the same problem.

What coupon? I have been waiting for the surprise gift for 2017…

Thank you Viki for looking into this. Just a suggestion, next year, send us a message about our gift to our Viki inbox, at least in my case, there are only important messages there and not also all sorts of Junk.

2 Likes

https://discussions.viki.com/t/viki-2017-gift-coupon-expired-codes-issue/16300

You did not read this one?
I didn’t even try to use my coupon, I am still hesistant.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

I found an email with my coupon (by accident) in spam. Try looking for it there.

Tried there too but to no avail. Emailed Viki and waiting for their response. Tks!

Hello everyone,

Thanks for writing in. We wanted to let you know that we’re continuing to work on this matter.

For more information, please check out our post below:

https://discussions.viki.com/t/viki-2017-gift-coupon-expired-codes-issue/16300

Best,
Camille
Viki Community Team

Hi @alice_roselli,

Thank you for your inquiry and we’re sorry to hear about that! I’ve reached out to you via PM.

Best,
Camille
Viki Community Team