[K-DRAMA] English Editors needed for "Pink Lipstick" [NOW RESTRICTED]

The story plot in the drama begins great but at one point I was pulling my hairs from frustration. The writer had a lot of time in his/her hand and added things that I disliked so much, and that’s when I stopped liking/working in the drama.

I just couldn’t stand to see certain abusive scenes, especially the part with the older man (not bc he was way older than her and she married him/ but I saw no ‘‘real good’’ revenge scenes in there). Simple, meaningless stuff/empty and useless in my opinion

. I don’t know if I missed something there but she looked with no energy in her scenes so you couldn’t see the anger (emotions) in her either. Anyway, I despise these types of drama bc you can be good woman and all that, but not a sucker/punching bag that puts up with so much in life.

I did learn something from this drama, and it was to understand (and not criticize), volunteers who only work on dramas they like.

PS. I was also wondering why I never saw @icedthy around, and I want to add that I’m glad you are back, and things are better for you now. I always say: ‘‘what cannot break us, will only make us stronger.’’

1 Like

You’re right, but as a segmenter trainee in the NSSA I did some pieces of dramas I didn’t care at all about. Or rather… all of them were ugh, except the Japanese one where he leaves for the war - that one I may have wanted to watch if available. You don’t focus on that when you’re in training. And of course when I say new editors, I mean under the supervision of an experienced one, not just left on their own to do as they wish.

1 Like

Oh wow, Pink Lipstick was so long ago… hi team :slight_smile:

I was looking at dramas that might need help in editing and it does seem no one can access this one anymore :confused: That’s a shame really, I learned a lot working with you @icedthy!
And I’m definitely down to do more if anyone needs help somewhere!

(+ @choesook, I also kept the spreadsheet just in case haha)

2 Likes

Things did get better, and I’m a lot happier with where I am today. Thank you for everything, and I am really happy to see you again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m happy to have helped you in any way! Hopefully, my comments and feedback helped you in the longrun as well. ^-^

1 Like