[Solved] Known issue: Continue Watching and Watch List entries not updating

UPDATE, Nov 27, 02:50hrs UTC:

A few Viki features were impacted by the Amazon AWS outage between Nov 26 - Nov 27 UTC, including:

1. Continue Watching
  2. Watch markers on videos
  3. Watch List entries

This issue is now resolved. However, please note the following:

1. Any watch activities over the period of the outage were not logged and cannot be recovered. This means that there may be lapses in your Continue Watching as well as watch markers on videos you have watched.
  2. Any channels added to your Watch List during this time may not have been recorded. If you have added new channels to your Watch List over the period, we recommend re-adding them.

Thank you for being patience and we appreciate your kind understanding in this matter.

Delay in updates on some features on Viki is to be expected at the moment. These include:

1. Continue Watching
  2. Watch markers on videos
  3. Watch List entries

We appreciate your patience in this matter. Please stay tuned for further updates on this thread.

4 Likes

Hi, I just wanted to check in with some other people on this - but my “continue watching” list has not been updating today. There is usually a lag time for it to update (a minute or so usually) but it’s like episodes are “STUCK” on a certain moment and won’t update at all even after watching several more episodes. This has been an all day issue (sometimes I’ve noticed that it happens and then works again, but not today). I’ve refreshed the pages multiple times and I tried watching a few other shows and only one show out of the ones I tried updated today to “save” the episode when I watched more of it.

Anyone else having this problem too?? This is really annoying because I’ll have to remember where I’m at when I try to go to watch them tomorrow and one of the shows I watched several episodes before I realized it wasn’t updating. :frowning: I hope this gets fixed soon!!

1 Like

I have the same problem

Hi @nrjjsbh and @oriya, the issue has been resolved. :slight_smile: These Viki features were impacted by the Amazon AWS outage between Nov 26 - Nov 27 UTC.

While updating of watch markers and Watch List entries will resume now, please note of the following:

1. Any watch activities over the period of the outage were not logged and cannot be recovered. This means that there may be lapses in your Continue Watching as well as watch markers on videos you have watched.
  2. Any channels added to your Watch List during this time may not have been recorded. If you have added new channels to your Watch List over the period, we recommend re-adding them.

Thank you for being patient with us!

4 Likes

Thank you so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: