Korean Dramas not as good anymore?

Okay now for an argument that may be not so popular but I think should be said.

it’s not that Kdrama “is not as good anymore”. I think everyone didn’t count on the competition having actually arrived…and now the comparison is not so vivid.

I find that the Kdrama I watch over again is before 2015 (Six and Jingbirok are the only 2 I would like to see parts of or all of again from that point forward to date).

What happened? Well…that Nirvana in Fire. That drama. 2015 brought in NIF…and the picture changed.

Are there older good dramas from China? sure. I mean, I can argue for LOCH 2008 as an example… But NIF simply was from another planet.

And that has continued - the C dramas I watch over and over are 2015 forward.

Look at the year 2017 so far in C drama. AA, TEN MILES, In the name of the people, and now Tribes…

Tribes just started, and I have just watched Episode 1. The production value is so high, it’s already compared to Lord of the Rings. 80 episodes like that, vs 3 movies of LOTR - okay a few more with The Hobbit…but ALL filmed like that.

AA went from being around 50 eps to 42 and then a second full part of what, 40 something more? All with very high production and acting.

I would say it’s now the fact the competition has arrived, that’s why K drama doesn’t “look as good” any more.

As I finish watching Nothing Gold Can Stay - that possibly gets on the list too…Game of Hunting so far is interesting, and Rule the World isn’t bad…but it’s up against Tribes…lol.

The Fans are the winners in all of this.

Crouching Dieter, Hidden Donut

1 Like

Hi, I do think competition has a foothold, and yes I think it has taken away some of the dramas as well.