Language Self-Evaluation

I noticed in the Help Center when submitting a new request, that there is something called “Language Self-Evaluation”. Does someone know what this is?

Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi cherrypie94,

Thank your for your question! This is Anaheli from the Viki Community Team. Indeed, we recently added a Language Self Evaluation as an entry point for new users that are interested in joining Viki’s volunteering community. Our team reviews all of the submissions, vets the users, and helps guide pre-qualified users to channels that they might be interested in. We’re channeling advanced speakers who have demonstrated a mastery of their respective language to projects as well as to Channel Managers or Language Moderators. I’ll be happy to answer any other questions you may have; please feel free to reach out to me via PM :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So, basically, you judge their proficiency in a certain language and then guide them to work on some project.
Therefore, this doesn’t apply to old volunteers who have been subbing for years?

2 Likes

@cherrypie94 Where did you see this? Is it a sort of test? I didn’t find it anywhere even when I searched in the search bar.

It is here: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sorry for the later reply. Have not been in forums/discussions in a long time.