Legend of the blue sea

watched the first couple of episodes, was really good. one thing and this is me, when she was caught in the rain, I am surprised she didn’t turn back into a mermaid, due to me watching h2o mermaids iuf anyone watched it, this is a kids(teen) flick, and I did think it was cute. I am surprised she didn’t have squeeks for a voice. can’t wait for next episodes and of course our fave guy was outstanding too. and at the end of #2 really cool how that ended.

2 Likes

I thought the same thing too. Why didn’t she turn into a mermaid when she got wet? Maybe she has to be wearing the bracelet in order to transform into a mermaid when she gets wet.

2 Likes

yup, she should have gotten scales at least and that pink dress I think was an absolute faux-pas or terrible fashion mistake :grinning:

2 Likes

lol Girl, the green bracelet has nothing to do with her transformation from mermaid to human. The bracelet is in the story to prove the greediness of the guy LM (he took it from her for the money it’s worth, a treasure in the sea found by the mermaid).

. The rain has no salt according to what I know, only sea water will turn her back into a mermaid. The reason she turns human is as soon as she touches land (like it happened back in Joseon era). You remember? The storm threw her into Land and she became ‘‘human.’’ As far as the history goes there are a lot of flaws bc they decided to mix Joseon era with modern era.

Imagine, if she turned into a mermaid every time it rained we would be watching a totally whole new drama. If that was the case when she follows him to SK the poor thing would never be human bc I think it rains every day in that country. That’s all I see in those dramas… Rain, rain, rain…annoying bc I am not fond of the rain at all (don’t ask me why bc I have no idea why).

2 Likes

Her mermaid dress style was way too modern looking and the clothes he bought in the mall the green shoes and that dress are so hideous lol.

1 Like

It is not only there to prove his greediness. Isn’t this bracelet the one that he wears in his other life (in Joseon period)?
Anyway, I agree with you when you say that it’s probably only salted water that makes her come back to mermaid.

2 Likes

You are correct. He gave it to her 400 years ago. That is it’s significance.

3 Likes

And his name is engraved on it. Ryong something. Modern day Lee Min Ho recognized the name somehow, it rang a bell. Maybe it was his ancestor.
Remember the mother who now seems to have a lowly station in life (maybe a cleaning woman or something) and said “Oh, it’s not a stream, it’s a deep river” when talking about her family’s origins?

He probably thought it was just a coincidence, but he definitely reacted to the name.

As for her, either mermaids can live more than 400 years (in which case we have a My Love from the Star situation), or it’s the reincarnation of the mermaid too, who just happened to find the bracelet somehow. If it’s not the very same mermaid, this would explain the changed tail. Otherwise, we might just assume it’s because of the financial crisis in the Mediterranean country, she has downsized a little from the flashy gold.

But I suppose we’ll get answers to all this by the by.

3 Likes

well, the h2o girls, turned mermaids with regular water.(when they took a bath,) and you are soooo right about if the gal hits any kind of water this would be an entirely different kind of story. as for that bracelet, yes I thought the same thing, thanks for that info! Lee min ho, (ancestor??) maybe there was something magical with the bracelet anyway? just a thought there. yeah the guy was greedy, and then gave it back to her, and y’all hit it about that dress, and what about those shoes? to be sure they could have done better than that, it was supposed to be modern, right? well why not one of those jogging outfits, you young ones like wearing? that would have looked better than that sickly dress & shoes! Just saying, is all. oh before I get off here, there was a story where the guy fell off a boat(yauht>) and a mermaid saved him,And much later they met. I think she became a land person. But I don’t remember the title of the story!
I didnt mean to take away from our story now. cant wait for the next episodes.

A jogging outfit? Are you serious? She needed something to make her look beautiful and glamorous, not like a drab housewife who just darted out because she was out of flour.
Yes, the dress was too short and too wide, like a sack. That’s why it looked ridiculous. That same dress if it were two-three sizes smaller, with nice waist darts and with a deeper neckline, would have been stunning. I liked the shoes too. They were very … mermaidish.

1 Like

From the first episode it really caught my attention. I tend to be very picky with dramas so I’m glad that I’m enjoying it so much. :blush: I don’t get a childish vibe from it at all. Just a cutsey romance.

1 Like

I didn’t mean the ugly ones, I have seen some very good looking jogging outfits. anyway, yes the ourfit could have been better

I figured its because the rain isn’t sea water. I think it must be salty like some of the others suggested. I’m loving this show so far and Lee Min Ho is my favorite Korean actor so far.

2 Likes

Did you guys see the new episode aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

1 Like

I’m getting ready to watch it now that I just finished Shopping King Louie. Can’t wait to see what happens. Okay, maybe not. It looks like episode 4 isn’t up yet it seems.

1 Like

just finished the episode, oh wow!! can you just imagine seeing a mermaid in one of those aquariums eating fish? oooops I hope I didn’t give it away!! oh my getting good now!

I went back to see what I missed about the bracelet and it turns out the bracelet goes back to the Joseon era. Is the connection between the mermaid’s love story with the man she has loved for 500 years. I saw (LMH) while riding the horse had the bracelet on (this was before he saved her) The bracelet became part of their ‘‘love connection.’’ Now in modern times for different reasons (his greed for the worth of the bracelet) ends up bringing them together again. I also saw when she got her human legs as soon as she goes back into the sea water she becomes a mermaid.

I just hope they give this drama a happy ending. During the Joseon era the rotted teeth advisor guy said that a mermaid could turn into human and live forever with the man she loves.Hopefully the ending will make some sense.

1 Like

so the bracelet is the connection; would be neat if L, has a memory of the past, but thats 500 years ago, and we cant remember what happened 5 years ago/I’m just saying, yes I agree I really hope they do have a good ending to this, not anything freaky either.(I mean the time travel stuff, love stuff like that, but lets keep this up to date,huh?) as for the guy with rotten teeth maybe he has something to do with it too. I haven’t seen this last chapter yet but I plan to today!

hey being this is on the other side of the world from me, a question for you folks, ok we hear so much about Atlantis (per mermaids and such) is there any legands like this for Lemuria, I know these are both legands, but to be ure in the Asian culture theres something right? awww the romantic coming out.

one of the responses on legend of the blue sea they put in a question form hes a hybird? now wait a minute! if so she would never be a mermaid again, I think< what do you say??
the episode was great what was so funny she was watching a movie and when it stopped, loved her response!
there was questions of if these creatures were real how did they procreate? so if in human form yeah I see that/ interesting.

oh no! now what? I have to wait till next week to find out if she is ok, what a bummer, and btw how many episodes does this have?