Making love in Korean

I have a question, watching K-drama Nevertheless. And headcharacter Na-Bo’s friends ask her, if she dates someone because her skin is glowing, whereas she answers “I’ve been sleeping well”. Her friends suddenly freezes and get quiet.

One friend looks at Jeo-eun, the boy Na-bi is secretly dating. Na-bi panics and continues with “I’ve been getting a lot of sleep”, while doing the hand sign as someone going to sleep. And everyone is like “ so you mean sleep, we get it now.”

Is her words in Korean related to if she’s said “I’ve been having sex“ or sth. Or could she had said “did you sleep well” to Jeo-eun in front of everyone, and then meant that she herself has gotten good sleep. Like a slip-up.

Netflix, Episode 4, 23min in. If anyone like to help. Because the English titles just say “I’ve been sleeping well.” And “I’ve getting a lot of sleep”. Which has the same meaning for English speakers. Same in Swedish translation where I come from.

1 Like

josefin_agnekrans_64 while doing the hand sign as someone going to sleep. And everyone is like “ so you mean sleep, we get it now.” Is her words in Korean related to if she’s said “I’ve been having sex“ or sth.

I have seen that comment a lot lately in Korean dramas/movies, and like you said here, it’s related to them having sex. But in some drama’s scenes the girls do misinterpret what they’re saying, and the (character) didn’t really mean that, but the fact that she did actually had a good night sleep. I didn’t watched NEVERTHELESS so I can’t say she meant that.