One Does Not Simply Watch One Episode Of A Kdrama

You can click on “TV Shows”, then on “Genres” and then on “Asian”. :wink:
“Argon” was very interesting.

1 Like

argon was very good
so people in other countries cant get these links? there are other shows on netflix that are asian but thats america right? not your other countries. interesting.

Yup. Don’t like to watch on-air episodes for that reason. Or I wait till they have a few episodes and then force myself to stop on a episode that doesn’t have a major cliffhanger. And in the meanwhile I have a list of older dramas that I haven’t yet watched. But usually I just tend to catch up on older drama. The only downside is - some of the more recent dramas have “disappeared” from Viki, like scarlet heart, so I haven’t had to watch those type of dramas :cry:

2 Likes

All dramas have a license that eventually expires, sadly. The popular ones are renewed, but the other ones aren’t. The worst part is that there’s no heads up when this happens. You could be in the middle of a show when suddenly you discover the last two episodes are no longer available. Imagine the frustration?!

2 Likes

Yeah, I can imagine that that is the worst! It hasn’t happened to me yet.
Has it happened to you? :persevere:

Edit: I just saw your other post :cry:

We have asked this again and again, but for some reason Viki wants it to remain a mystery. Not only for the viewers, but also for the volunteers.
Your plight as a viewer was terrible, but can you imagine a team which was painstakingly translating a difficult historical drama and in the middle of working the drama poof! disappears because the license expired? And nobody told them so that they wouldn’t waste so much time and effort working on it?

1 Like

That is horrible !!! Admittedly, Viki has started doing things like another drama site out there, which name I won’t mention except that it rhymes with mama beaver :joy:, and release pre-translated episodes.

2 Likes

and yes, they took off a bunch of good dramas too, same for hulu and netflix, sometimes I wonder if the license is an excuse. and of course I know that isn’t the case. but some of those so called popular ones, a lot of them I really don’t care about.

oh and on hulu btw, it isn’t just the asian ones either. frustrating is really the truth there! those silly comedies, ohj well here I am talking to a younger generation and look at me if I am crazy or something. sorry . give me something to laugh about ,ok? same for these dramas, I don’t see passing gas as funny or being on the toilet, oicking your nose etc. I guess I said enough.

give me a good mystery drama, scifi, even ghosts or vampires. but most has been taken off.

1 Like

“Mama beaver” was genius!:thumbsup:

1 Like

Yeah that is the worst :scream:
It hasn’t happened to me, but I know how much effort it takes to translate dramas that are ‘difficult’.

I don’t know what you consider “younger generation,” (I consider myself young haha) but I agree with you. Really good funny dramas, Asian or otherwise, are becoming rare. :cry:

1 Like

The Idol Teen Romance and Historical Period or Sageuk genres are what made Kdrama so popular, but actually, it’s a pretty diversified field.

I recommend these two if they are available in your region:

https://www.viki.com/tv/34253c-queen-of-mystery

https://www.viki.com/tv/35796c-queen-of-mystery-2

Oh, thank you very much! I actually wrote and published a book chock-full of cute rhymes meant to put a smile on the reader’s weary face after a long day at work or school. It’s how I’ve decided to leave my mark on this world, in a hopeful and positive way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

adrianmorales, now thyats great!!

I watched both and loved them