Other countries dramas on viki

I have watched a lot of the scandivanian type shows and some are quite good. there were a couple and gosh I hope I get this right! Wallender" there was another about a doctor, yeah on another link. therre are some that were kinda risque for my taste though. I do watch Hulu & Netflix, and they havew a bunch of those dramas wwhat you are mentioning. even Indian ones, oh yeah you mentioned German, I stumbled across one here on Viki, I think silver spoon, rich kid forced to work at police statiion, and he solved a bunch of crimes, was kind of funny too. borderline was a good one the Spanish well some are questionable, Chinese I love the historical side, Tiawanese and the rest. csic, the japanese one wish it could have been longer. what about broadchurch, another cool mystery! and so many more! the english ones I watch on Hulu or netflix, there are really some good ones out there, just have to lookI know Viki has a lot of dramas & movies too.

Very trueā€¦aggressiveness is a part of it. I think every ountry can bring something to the table. Viki should maybe have a more open policy in that regard. For example like testing on shows with a mutual agreement on Vikis and the production side. Something along those lines ā€¦ Viki provides their services and some percentages of money through views that Video got. Basically YouTube for production firms. However once certain shows reach a certain popularity production firms can than start asking for a new agreement of actual licensing of new products or when testing phase is over. ā€¦ I think this would drastically increase vikis content ā€¦and I would probably be the first starting to sub if it is in my own language.

1 Like

Seeing how Viki is moving fast towards ā€œoriginal contentā€, I think chances are slimā€¦

1 Like

I liked some Taiwanese, even worked on one that was funny and interesting, I saw one Lakorn either movie or some drama episodesā€¦somehow different character but interesting. I canā€™t get into Japanese I cannot tell what is hindering meā€¦
I think it would attract more viewers if Viki would broaden the international palette since it could compete with other streaming sitesā€¦ even if the license would be for one year I think it would be worth to bring a new mix perhaps in the form of more movies (international), they are easier to work on since they are short. Someone with less time might prefer movies to dramas. Letā€™s go global globally ;):grinning: :blush: (like Toyotaā€™s slogan: Letā€™s go places ā€œon screenā€ (added)! LOL!!

2 Likes

Maybe some international short series, like the Korean Drama Specials, would be a great idea, indeed.

Iā€™m sure most countries have something similar.

Thatā€™s a great idea!

2 Likes

I have watched Wallender (Swedish and British versions), Bridge, Killing (both Swedish and US), Broadchurch (both British and USā€¦ Forgot the title of US version but both have David Tennant as lead role)ā€¦plus a ton of other mysteriesā€¦ Wish we could get Ten Deadly Sins (Chinese crime show) since I canā€™t find it anywhere with English subtitles

theres a couple I check out if DF or viki doesnt have them, drama fire, drama galaxy and drama list. that movie sounds good, I will check netflix and hulu
there are soooo many dramas/movies from other countries that Iā€™d reallu like to see as well I do think viki (and DF) needs to op[en up a bit and try to get more of these movies & dramas!

IN A GOOD WAY is so good! I wish they kept their promise and make a season two but that was in 2014. Viki, please bring back IN A GOOD WAY.