Page designers

What happened to all of the Page designers??:sob:

???
I have no idea. What do you mean? This is a discussion forum, so at least state your point, make it clear, otherwise everyone will feel like you just randomly were throwing a question at them.

Do you mean there are too few of them and it’s hard to find one?
Yes, that’s true. Try to make a thread “Page designer wanted”.

most cm do their pages themself or then the mods

I know, but not all of them know how to do it or know someone who does. It would be useful if there were some page designers willing to help every now and then if they have the time, and a special thread for such requests.

yes, i also ask around. i know how to do simply ones, but not with html.
or really cool stuff i have no ideas for ;;;_;

3 Likes

It’s not only a matter of time or knowledge, but a matter of the tools, too. Not everyone is equipped with some nice software.The first times, when I was selected as a channel manager I was looking desperately for some page designers, but now I create the pages myself. It took a while to bring myself to do it, because I feared, I wouldn’t be good enough, but nobody’s perfect,so I just did it :slight_smile: I’ using some online software, but I have to pay for it, although it’s cheaper than Photoshop.

1 Like

An other problem is that since we’re very few, it’s hard to agree to everyone. And page design is not always a priority.

But you might want to try gimp. It’s free, you just have to download the software, a bit tricky to use, but a good alternative to photoshop. And there are tons of tutorial on the internet.

Lately, I feel some page designers go overboard on putting too much in the intro page. I like the old page designers that had the dramas short description (now they practically tell you the whole drama!) , a few pics and never the whole team info (they add the teams when they already have their own space with that info).

I think it affects many things when they add so much so I hope they look into that. I mean I appreciate their hard work and praise their beautiful work done as designers. I just wish they TRY to add less things not needed there like practically giving every detail about the drama. I stopped myself from watching bc they warned about the many tragedies the drama is about.

1 Like

If you kindly ask them they will help you if they have the time ^^
I am new to the page design stuff but i already knew how to design something because i was very young since i did this for forum’s and my own HP (which existed 10 years). And now i learn many new things because of others tips! Reall helpful if you kindly ask them how to do smth :blush:

Agreed! That’s one of my reason’s why i am doing (like) a decent coverpage without to many stuff’s like effects ect. ^^’

1 Like

I know your cover page must be just what I like! Those special effects like hearts floating around or fireworks make the page run slower, and scrolling down takes even longer so I just avoid it altogether. I’m glad you know what I mean that talks volumes about you, and the real purpose of a cover page designer. Cover page designs are essential but just made beautiful and much simpler.

PS Let me know what dramas you did cover page so I can see them. Like I said I use to avoid them all together before but I would love to see the ones you’ve done

You can see them on my profile ^^ (scroll down and you will see it)

1 Like

I’ll do that right now. You haven’t done cover page designs here for dramas? Do you have a viki account link? I didn’t see it on your profile page. .

Here x)

https://www.viki.com/users/rose_shn/overview

1 Like

Nice work I only saw one thing missing the picture or avatar as they call it here. Was it removed or you didn’t added that?

The new ones won’t have the ids of the subber because i will use html &css of viki (aka with links) ^^

1 Like

I apologized if you felt like I was randomly throwing a question at you, I will try to state my point clearly next time.

1 Like

I really don’t understand why lutra reacted like that, even I was shocked. Is not like her.

Don’t feel that you did anything wrong bc you didn’t.

If I ever need a page designer I know who to ask.

No need to apologize, if I sounded harsh, I didn’t mean to.
For me the problem with page design is that after the re-modeling of the channels page designs “slip through”. So after I check on a channel there is the review section then the page design “pops up” but before I can see it clearly there are already the comments.

I was unaware that there are even main pages missing, I checked yesterday and it’s not only main pages missing, the team board as well, with the bug of “unknown”. Many CMs are the only ID showing at channels but as an “unknown” it’s 404 for contacting a CM you would need to write a comment in the comment section and well 
 There we are at square one, not everyone is reading them with all the complaints coming in.

A question from my side - are more channel designs missing at channels licensed for only the Americas, or am I wrong?
Maybe that is why the question felt so out of the blue for me 

1 Like