People , holiday depression

4 Likes

Gather… HUG.
Hmm… NICE & WARM.
Thank you, everyone.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Funny thing that people say they get depressed during holidays and i wonder why bc those are the days we take the time to be surrounded by our love ones. It makes no sense to be surrounded by family and say we ‘‘are sad’’

My mother tends to cry on holidays a lot, and I tell her she ruins the mood for others to try to hold her emotions and cry in the privacy of her home; bc is not fair to make people that a minute ago was laughing to feel sad and start crying too. After she does that everyone starts getting their coats and head back home. She does that for Christmas and New Year’s Eve, too!

No matter what, we need to enjoy those we have around us, even if it’s just a Pet. One day, we’ll leave this earth too, and our presence will be there in their memories; so make sure that your presence is remembered for the memories of laughter and happiness, hugs, kisses you left behind. Don’t leave memories of misery and tears and ruining the happiness of those that a moment ago where so happy and enjoying their life. I mean if you want to cry, knock yourself out, but I hope is from your heart, and not to make others feel sorry for you, and join your misery just bc ‘‘misery loves company.’’

I NEVER CRY on New Year’s Eve bc you will end up crying all year long (that’s my belief), and I may not be laughing my heart out but I make sure I receive the New Year with HOPE, SMILES and looking forward to a better BLESSED, and happier year.

1 Like

I have always heard whatever you do on New years day, thats what you will all that year

so angelight, I agree with that, and like what someone said earlier, families move away, you don;'t hear from them, that’s what makes it sad, but this time thanks to all of you I am doing something different, instead of thinking about family, I will switch to other things, and stop over thinking!!

so y’all have a great day!!

5 Likes

What about those of us who don’t have anyone around us?

What if we don’t have any loved ones?

I don’t know your mother and I don’t know the situation, but wouldn’t it be an idea to ask her what she is sad about, make her feel heard, comfort her and then move on to happy time? Faking happiness does no one any good. Just deal with the negative feelings to make room again for the positive ones.

5 Likes

hey girls, take it easy!! you both have good intentions, I didn’t put this here for “ruffled feathers” ok? so settle down, yes it hurts when family is gone, yes, do something different, theres many nursing homes that need visitors, what about those people in the hospital over the holidays, what about that person down the street from you that is really alone?

I mean we can go on aand on, this was for me too, so heres something for all of us, traditions, like I said earlier, the family just isnt there now, my family is in different states, so why not change traditions???

yes I even said no one is around, but thats not right, there are people around me, and many are lonely, sick, and so on, just someone to care. Do you want love? Share yours, you lonely, find someone that is and help them, Bake a cake or cookies and give it to your neighbor, just anything to give, um isnt that the key> GIVE!!!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/155303887484542102/ oh shucks I hope you can get it. I did laugh, us grinches

with this what I have put on here has really lifted my spirits, yes I have decided to do something different this year. get out of myself and visit that homeless, the bedridden and yes a phone call does wonders. and get to baking that cake or cookies!! now got to go get the ingredients!!

so y’all be safe, I am getting out of my depression for doing something for others, even if its just a phone call!! make something, I am, find this on Pinterest, its called “chill pills” cute little thing, empty pill bottles, and got “special directions” for those people that get anxious over everything (me included) I admit its a gag, but cute too, I want to make that “chill pillow” for my sis in law, a neck pillow with the words CHILLPILL on it.
we good??? love you guys, and just be cool about all this, hey I am the worlds worse, and I am changing me for the better, If I can you can too

4 Likes

4 Likes

don’t know about you but I need this one

4 Likes

another one I need, yeah journeling… kdrama, again thank you for telling me weeks ago, I plan to do this.
love it!

should I write my list down???

5 Likes

Journal about your activities.
Journal about what you’re grateful for.
Journal about what scares you.

• Your goals.
  • Inspirational quotes.
  • Ask yourself questions on self reflection:

-When you feel most in tune with yourself

-What happiness means to you.

• Your relationship.
3 Likes

And here comes the “The Wise Woman’s Words” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (yours)
Thanks Mary, too bad you are so far away across the sea from me, if I were there as I used to be, I’d hope in my car and would drive the few hours to see you and have a good chat… Perhaps next year, I’m hoping to fly finally over to see family and friends! :hugs:
Keep that positive attitude, sharing is caring, lol :joy:

3 Likes

maybe I do need to put this on here

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”

The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf.

Then, smiling at the man, he said……“I made a difference for that one.”

Original Story by: Loren Eisley

just don’t forget we do make a difference in someones life, just that little act of kindness goes a long way

5 Likes

aaaaawwwwwwww thank you, and yes doing the positive attitude, that little act of kindness does go a long way, thank you!!

3 Likes

I love this idea !

2 Likes

now if people, like me, just read, pay attention and do it, giving of yourself, and not be depressed and all, what a better world we can make, sharing, caring, loving, giving!!! so lets make it a better holiday season, y’all with me?

4 Likes

**Another idea - **
I usually read - A Christmas Carol or
there is a book children’s book I highly recommend

Snow Treasure
Amazon

This was read to me in 4th grade outloud by my teacher - I have never forgotten it - Try It
@frustratedwriter

3 Likes

I just remembered my all time winter favorite story besides “Tree Nuts for Cinderella” it’s the “Snowman (1982)”, narrated by David Bowie. It’s a children’s classic I watched with kids, but I think it can bring adults the same joy; the drawings and music are just beautiful :heart_eyes: I posted only this short clip, you can find the movie “there” too :wink:

4 Likes

That’s a really good book indeed!! I read it as well when my kids had this for book assignment. I read probably 95 % of their books and kept some for my grandkids, I might have it somewhere.

Folks, you can check local library for books, videos and music if it’s nearby! Also some churches have concerts for free (donation) and Christmas fairs :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

https://www.healthline.com/health/depression/genetic

One thing I think I would like to point out is sometimes depression can and almost always has to do with your genetics!!! Sometimes you can’t help it and reaching out and learning more is the best way to combat such things - I think about a lot of the KPOP stars who at times we have seen end up hurting themselves - why would someone popular - with money - with fame - hurt themselves!??? Because they can’t find their way out of the crippling depression or maybe the harsh realities of FAME! However - a seemingly happy person can be one of the most hard hit by burdens and sadness that they HIDE away from the world.

I thank you - @frustratedwriter - for giving us a forum to keep uplifting EACH OTHER! These holidays!

Holiday Blues

animated images

4 Likes