PROJECTS and Contributions (VOLUNTEER LINKS) taken off the main pull down for your account

This morning, I have found that the main pull down menu on my account on viki now only has 5 options on it. You now have to go to your profile and then a few more clicks to get to your projects.

For anyone with more than ONE active project, this now is extra hassle. :frowning: and it also makes it more difficult to track whatā€™s happening without doing yes, more work to get there.

I for one would at least need to have the PROJECTS direct line listed BACK to the main menu options. Contributions isnā€™t as necessary as the PROJECTS tab.

7 Likes

I immediately checked this as I read your post.
Sigh.
What an inconvenienceā€¦
It was already hard to keep track of your projects (I had to make a list to keep track and even then I forgot a few) and now thisā€¦

I second your request. Please put it back :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you for the post!

You are RIGHT. Why the sudden change?:rage:
If I remember correctly, there was the project contributions and following optionā€¦
I miss those 2 a lot. :sob:
AHHHHHHHHHH, viki whatā€™ve you done?! Now more clicks to find themā€¦
Please consider bringing them back! :innocent:

3 Likes

I posted to Community to try to get the Projects at least added back. That one is killing me already. Okay not fatal but a nuisance.

The more clicking around I have to do just to get to a project, well, it takes time off the time I work for them for free? My toolbar on my browser already has 2 links from here - the NSSA ones - since itā€™s hard to find them when I need them over the yearsā€¦soā€¦Iā€™d really rather not have to book mark 3 more things here if the menu will at least give me that small help.

1 Like

thanks god i had the contributions link in my favolist. i donĀ“t like this ><

I guess if they donā€™t bring them back, we will have to start bookmarking our more used tabs on Viki in our internet browser :sweat:

IF ONLY, they could have asked us about these changes beforehandā€¦ :tired_face:

2 Likes

Hopefully itā€™s a mistake and they put it back for us soon.
Letā€™s tag a bunch off staffers so they can fix it fast.

@anon20195650 @camiille @jimmy_l @mariliam @anon30587421 @armchairdude @anon27228197

5 Likes

And this now might be a good opportunity to ask for improvements in the project section. @irmar, did you ask for something similar in the ā€œotherā€ Viki discussions, which we could support by a click?

2 Likes

I totally agree! Ugh! A long, long, long time ago in a galaxy not so far away, I used to have a pen and pad with all my projects, dates, and last episode done. Then Viki got wise and added the projects link. My days became brighter and my hand a bit lighter. Now what was only 2 clicks is now about 4 clicksā€¦ AND not all of us have super speedy internet providersā€¦ so this could be an almost meltdown for some.

Iā€™m hoping this is a temporary ā€œhiccupā€ in maintenance and that it will miraculously appear tomorrow.

3 Likes

Ironically, the many things that should be taken out of here are left there untouched, and the ones that worked for US the volunteers are taken out?

They really needed to take the reviews section that has been a waste for such a long time.

And while they are on it please put the shortcut to see the projects Iā€™m following back as well. I used that a lot too.
Which staffer thought removing those very useful shortcut links was a good idea?! :disappointed:

3 Likes

I second the request to put the Project link backā€¦ and show the longer list of projects right away, and not the short list.
Please VIKI Staffersā€¦ whomever you areā€¦ we need the Project link back on the main pull down (or even on the main menu itself).
If Viki would like to have improvement on that page, allow us to ā€˜closeā€™ and ā€˜uncloseā€™ the project so those that are closed can fall to the bottom of the list and we can see all of active/on going projects at the top.
Thank youā€¦

4 Likes

perhaps they are working on something like that (on the closed ones on the bottom), if not
perhaps itā€™s a temporary glitch, letā€™s hope not!

1 Like

I was wondering about this tooā€¦ I personally used Colections and Project option a lot because i find the dramas iā€™m currently watching/working on really fast. :frowning:

1 Like

I wonder whose ā€˜ā€˜brilliantā€™ā€™ idea was to remove that. Inconsiderate and unnecessary, on their part sigh

Iā€™ve been holding something back but I have to let it out I see this as the beginning of RakutenViki getting rid of the volunteer program they have here and will be having their own people doing segs and subtitles.
(ENGLISH only by the way).

All the dramas I was checking out for a few days now were segged and had (english) subtitles in them They are not even adding other language in most of these dramas when you click the icon all you see is English and a message that says ā€˜ā€˜English subtitles onlyā€™ā€™

1 Like

It seems the site is becoming more adjusted to viewers, rather than to volunteers. Which is counterproductive if youā€™re trying to recruit more volunteers.

1 Like

I hadnā€™t asked for this, since this is a recent thing. However I use other means to get to my current projects, so for me itā€™s not that important. I will support anyone who asks for it, though.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Weā€™re looking into it and will get back to you soon!

Best,
Camille
Viki Community Team

7 Likes