Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Thanks for the info, @vivi_1485. I will agree that it is not an easy job, but I would think that is what the agency is for- to take all of the negative in place of the artist. I still feel that these types of wrong behaviors will continue to happen with some frequence unless the K Pop industry takes the strong measures of prosecuting the offenders.

I’m glad to hear that the agencies are increasing the bodyguards to protect the K Pop stars. It is nice that some fans are helping out too.

2 Likes

Congratulations on getting a ticket to the fan meet! How exciting! I send positive vibes that all will go well with your fan meeting and everyone have a good time!

Of course, no blame on BTS for the spamming, or on their Fandom in general as I’m sure most are great.

2 Likes

I attended Ji Chang Wookie’s fan meeting at like 4 am - It was so fun - with LIVE subs!
I also attended Junho’s Homecoming at 3 or 4 am - It was so much Fun
So I will just have to make breakfast and enjoy again!

2 Likes

giphy
Oh my gosh! Why Why are these so CUTE

2 Likes

Just like our hotties and our cuties, I can’t get enough of those baby birds.

1 Like

gfycat

I can’t EVEN

Baby Bird Cutie University

Ohhhh like a super hyperlink when you link the two - that’s like a secret door

1 Like

Thanks for the YT link on the Toxic fandoms @sweetybirdtoo . Very interesting. Just goes to show these online behaviors are not limited to the world of K Pop, although I am not surprised at who received the #1 ranking.
I feel the K Pop industry has a different philosophy regarding fans than other countries do. I notice there is much more awareness of fans and catering to fans than in US music industry for sure. I think in some ways this “feeds the frenzy”. I watched Kingdom: Legendary War and I was very surprised at how many times the groups mentioned their fans, often repeating “I love you!” to the fans. With this kind of reinforcement it’s no wonder that some people can get obsessive or take group loyalty too far. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that the K Pop stars shouldn’t mention their fans at all, just that I was surprised at the frequency of it.
With more of an international fanbase, I was wondering if international fans were making changes in the K Pop fan culture. For example, would it be easier now for the K Pop stars to date openly without fear of that ending their careers since this is not an issue for other entertainers in many countries. I don’t know if international fans are bringing about positive changes or if international fans are instead just adopting the attitudes of Korean fans or status quo. It will be interesting to see what things look like in 5 years or so.
For sure the toxic behaviors of fandoms are not limited to “just kids” or even music industry. The Outlander fandom has had issues for a while now with some fans exhibiting saesang behaviors and others just being mean. This fandom is made up of adults.

4 Likes

Oh this is awesome - I can just hear these tunes in the cafe as we watch the Hotties do all the work - or no work - or the Water God is on the patio in the hot tub - or MyungSoonie pulling that dimple out as he serves coffee - or Seo Kang Joon starting to sing a little tune - while Junho decides to get out his poetry book and read to us a little while (on his down time!)

Oh yea, and Wookie took off his Shirt!!! bahahahahahaha!

1 Like

Because they don’t know when it’s time to turn to the SFL and say, “Hey, wanna go eat cup noodles at the corner store?”

The trope for the clueless ones should include the FL pushing the clueless SML into a fountain and saying, “You’re a drip, and I’m tired of you raining on my parade for the past fifteen years. If you so much as move from where you are until after my wedding, I will have you arrested for harrassment, indecent exposure, polluting a public fountain, and being stupid!”

(Soul’s Rebel)

3 Likes

tenor

I finished - I finished a DRAMA! I’m so proud of myself.

4 Likes

Tenor

3 Likes

In my case it’s one of those pesky second female leads, but yes, the same idea applies.

3 Likes

Ahhhh how dumb can we get :joy: We forgot to include the hottest, most popular boy band in the world in our Cutie Posse because no one here seems to be hardcore ARMY :joy: I’m pretty sure most of them qualify for the Cutie Posse

DON’T get me started. I can’t understand how anyone can get SLS over guys who just keep being nicey nice but shadow the FL around, act like they’re the only one for the FL… AGHHHH just get OVER it! And sometimes I start hating even the FL because some of them just do not know how to politely but firmly turn a person AWAY! They just keep acting like clueless, innocent idiots while the poor ML suffers in the distance. If the ML is a jerk, I don’t mind him getting jealous or something, but sometimes it’s just plain annoying to keep having to see the SML hang around FL when we know nothing is gonna happen!

The fando in general has a bad name because it’s inevitable— the more fans there are, the louder, noisier and more toxicity there will be. And BTS rose to fame suddenly and recently. That makes most of their fans very young and immature. Of course BTS isn’t to blame, they’re just doing their job like any other group.

I wish they would stop constantly marketing themselves as fans’ boyfriends. Even without them doing that, there will be delusional fans. If they do it themselves, everything just gets worse. Fans think they have a right to know and interfere in their personal lives.

When Kai and Krystal were dating I saw comments like “Kai uses all the money we pay for albums on Krystal. I’m never buying any albums again.” Can you believe the amount of delusion here??!
Now, the members just say stuff like “We’ll be there for you.” Some of them have openly friendzoned or daughter-zoned the fans. They have their own lives too. Fans need to understand that they are NOT first priority in a celeb’s life.

4 Likes

I am a HOTTEST - a 2pm HOTTEST - That’s why!!!

2 Likes

I forever and ever and ever don’t understand how someone can call themselves a fan but then refuse to buy their supposed favorite’s music just because they choose to spend their hard-earned money on something the ‘fan’ deems unfit. That kind of thinking is dizzying.

3 Likes

Well that’s not my problem when I have “3” yes “3” copies of the SAME new 2pm Album!!! Bahahahahaha!

2 Likes

It’s always shocking to see that half these fans don’t even listen much to the music… they’re mostly obsessed with the members’ lives, fashion, bodies, looks, actions, words, etc. They are primarily SINGERS, for goodness’ sake! LISTEN TO THEM!

Different versions?

3 Likes

Nope - the same album but yes
Light Version
Dark Version
Junho Special Version
and the boxes all come together to spell “2pm”
Great and utterly smart marketing

2 Likes

Ahhh yes I get it :smile: I’ve always wondered what goes through these fans heads when they buy three versions :joy: Glad we have you!

3 Likes

Again - I listen EVERYDAY - EVERYDAY - The boys are in my car!!!

3 Likes