Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Kihyun’s solo debut - It’s finally here! All three songs are so great and so very Kihyun and went directly into my playlist, but my favorite is “, (COMMA)”.

The title track “Voyager”:

3 Likes

It’s Official! BTS performing at this year’s Grammy Awards. (Although was it ever in doubt? Don’t think so. Soon as they got their nomination I knew they would be asked to perform) Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo also performing along with Grammy favorite Brandi Carlisle. Was really hoping for Rolling Stones to perform in tribute to drummer Charlie Watts, but no. :cry: Whyy? They also have new edition of album out so promo opportunity. Of course my dream of Paul McCartney & Paul Simon performing tribute to Don Everly/Everly Brothers is not happening either. (That one never going to happen- although McCartney nominated this year for Best Rock Song & Best Rock Album) Was also hoping for AC/DC to perform since they also nominated for Best Rock Album & Best Rock Performance, but unfortunately no. Well, rock n roll not welcome anymore these days-everything either pop or hip hop/rap. Anyway, best to BTS although this year my vote goes to Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga. From what I understand the favorite in the Pop Duo/Group category is Doja Cat & SZA so we’ll see.

4 Likes

i-know-sad

2 Likes

It is the spring of my biases! First Kihyun’s solo debut, then news of Suho’s solo comeback, and now news of an actual iKON entertainment show. I am being FED!

4 Likes

@natyh
Your GIF-so true! It’s really sad how rock is sidelined these days. I really hope the Grammy Awards does justice to all those greats who passed away this year in their tribute section, but I feel like the rock n roll artists will probably not get too much recognition. I mean, Don Everly death barely got any press and the Everly Brothers were hugely influential to so many. I keep hoping to see rock songs back on the charts soon.

3 Likes

@table122000, & @natyh,

Ever since I posted it up in this thread, I keep playing it :notes: :loud_sound: :grin: :notes:
4 Likes

Oh, yes! “Drift Away”- what a classic! Now it’s stuck in my head, LOL! For sure this song speaks to many rock performers. They all seem to do a cover of it live on tour (usually at the end of the show). There have been many recordings of it too by various artists over the years but for me Dobie Gray will always be the definitive (and best) version. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Yup, that’s the power of this kind of song, same here! @leerla73 I think that I’m going to be mentally singing this song all this week lol

3 Likes

Oooh! Yea! It’ll pop right up in your head, tug at your heart, :heart: and demand your ears listen. :rofl: After repeat plays, you’ll likely start slapping your palm, or fist to the beat too! :joy:

3 Likes

and keep on and keep on and
 love the song!!

3 Likes

Yea, it’s a healer of a listen. :blush:

3 Likes

It’s like this song, I can’t find it because I keep singing it for a long time lol

5 Likes

:smile: Are you trying to purchase it? Maybe try Spotify, or yahoo music. To physically purchase, try any vintage music spots. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s a perfect example of several conversations in different languages. No, I don’t want to buy the beach boys and I even can’t lol
This is the kind of song that I can’t see in the suggestions or something because I know that it’ll be stuck in my head

3 Likes

Tom Cruise & The Beach Boys were a big part of my teen years. lol
Chicago probably a little more than The Beach Boys, but still, I loved them. I can understand why you can’t listen without them being stuck with you for days.

6 Likes

hi guys! Im new to this cafe!

8 Likes

Welcome! We are happy to have you here.

3 Likes

Me too! On the menu it says it has a macarons, so ima going to order that!~

4 Likes

Welcome @mithetrollonviki7878!

Ahh Chicago! That video brings back memories. Although the song that I remember most from them is
“Hard to Say I’m Sorry” Listened to it all the time on the radio.

6 Likes

zombie!

2 Likes