Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Thank you. I will try some out.

1 Like

See… the thing is, this works with stuff like cookies and other confectionery because I love them but every time I think of all the labor I have to put in to make everything, I decide to just live without it. But when it comes to stuff like dumplings and noodles, I really don’t care about all the hours I have to spend standing in the kitchen and creating those dumplings or cutting up noodles or just using instant ones. I WANT IT and I WANT. IT. BAD.

Also, that plan doesn’t work when you want to order KFC :joy:

3 Likes

I seriously need a HOT COCOA this morning.
Prepared by some Hottie Barista! BAhahahaha

Start RANT! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::exploding_head:

Summary

So Appliances so stupid the dumb things are not meant to LAST anymore. I talked to my appliance repair man a few years ago and the average washer dryer or fridge are MEANT to only last 7 years. They do that so you have to buy new ones. No more are the days of 20 year old Maytags! I had a NORGE which was one of the most popular brands before being taken over by Whirlpool or Maytag - I had my top load LARGE washer for years. I cried when that thing died. This morning for the millionth time I have had issues with my bottom freezer of my fridge. It just gets iced or I don’t know I have to pull EVERYTHING out of the FREEZER and like wash the whole thing down and try to get that darn arm to work correctly. I am not very big - 5’1" and I have to climb in that darn freezer area after taking out the tub to clean the bottom part - I’m sure I look RIDICULOUS - I had to throw a bunch of stuff out and NOW I’m so IRRITATED but it is working for now. So when will I have to buy a new FRIDGE probably soon! UGH :rage:

Rant OVER! Sorry! GUYS!

4 Likes
Summary

I hear this from my parents every day!! :joy: This consumerism thing has become a disease now… we had a refrigerator and microwave that worked fine with only minor problems for twenty years but our new appliances cause NO END of trouble! Our new fridge has a defrost button no one can make head or tail of. The manual says we have to defrost the thing once a week or it gets all iced up :roll_eyes: What happened to sturdy, low-maintenance stuff?!!

3 Likes
Summary

The truth is those expensive computerized fridges and washer dryers! Only live 7 to 8 years! The parts are made to fail - isn’t that crazy! Well I guess they figured out if a fridge lasts 20 years they don’t get anymore business! Aw, makes me so MAD I could scream! I have an expensive Samsung set of washer dryers and only 5 years old they won’t last much longer! I will NEVER buy anything but a plain boring Speedqueen next time - nothing fancy - I don’t use half the stuff on the washer dryer anyways! And they even had a re-call.

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter
Although she’s not around I want to thank her for posting this. She’s so caring that she always looked for posting like this that showed her caring and love for everyone. Her usual cute self at the end is what I miss the most to see here. BE well, safe and blessed.

frustratedwriter

May 16

\ 80x80 ## Thoughts for you/us to ponder

My favorite quote from my doctor was, “it can’t really be that bad if you are still working and doing everything you do. “ I told him I didn’t know I had a choice.

Years in pain, tired and the many changes in me for no reason or apparent reason … Hiding everything from someone else, pretending to be doing better than you are; until it no longer works. No matter how strong you want to be.

Then the moment comes when they tell you what you have … You have mixed feelings: you finally know what you have, but how do you deal with it?

Lack of encouragement, wanting to lie down, taking medication frequently; having a whole pharmacy on top of the nightstand.

Then, the daily responses, “Why did you get so fat?” “I have this great diet, if you just go out and exercised.

That once beautiful hair of yours now awful and it falls out.

What happened to you??..

This is all true and that’s why I’m sharing it!
Silent and invisible diseases do exist …
When you have an invisible disease it is difficult to argue from your perspective with ignorant people.
Life takes a lot of turns !!!
Tired of being told:

• Did you go to the doctor?
  • Have you tried this?
  • Have you tried that?
  • I don’t know what else we can do for you…

Yes! I tried and still try everything !!!

Doctors say this disease is forever. That I will not heal. However, I am not giving up, but I want to make others realize:

• A nap will not cure me but it will help me …
  • I am not lazy, I take medication and it sometimes makes me sleepy.
  • I am not angry but sometimes cranky with pain.
  • I struggle daily with pain, mobility problems, fatigue, the criticism of my environment.

Most frustratingly, people look at me and say, "It can’t be that bad; you look good "
Despite the fact that my body is experiencing excruciating pain everywhere, of course I look good, I always try to look good, it is an “invisible” disease.
This disease affects me physically, mentally and emotionally. Because rare autoimmune diseases cannot be seen, but we feel them.
And they are there … Silent attack but extra painful.

I AM LOOKING AT THOSE WHO TAKE TIME TO READ THIS POST TO THE END.

The following request is sent to the post:

Please, for me and in honor of someone who fights against:

• -Lupus
  • -MS
  • -Crohn’s Disease
    • Ménière’s Disease
  • -Addisons Disease
  • -Hashimotos Disease
  • -Graves Disease
  • -FND
  • -Depression
  • -Anxiety
  • -Autoimmune disease
  • -Sjogrens syndrome
  • -Polycystic ovary syndrome.
  • -Rheumatoid arthritis.
  • -Chronic pain
  • -Endometriosis.
  • -Multiple sclerosis.
  • -Myasthenia gravis.
  • -Pulmonary hypertension.
  • -Chronic fatigue syndrome.
  • -Diabetes
  • -Fibromyalgia.
  • -Raynaud and Scleroderma.
  • -Neuralgia of the trigeminal
  • -Epilepsy
  • -Cancer
  • -Hypothyroidism
  • -Arachnoiditis
  • -NEAD
  • -Vasculitis
  • -Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency
  • or some other disease you don’t see.
  • COPY AND PASTE:

being Viki won’t accept “done” I just deleated that one sentence. maybe just copy & paste???

so I guess I made another mistake.

2 Likes

So I know many fighting
Cancer (even at a young age like 20s)
Chronic Pain
Fibromyalgia
Chronic Fatigue
Epilepsy
Anxiety
Depression
OCD etc etc
And guess what some of them combined!

And yes - I have witnessed people being critical of others because they don’t LOOK sick - well - mind your own business maybe it took hours and or days for that person to get out of bed and just be wherever he or she is! So true

We all need to be kind and humble.

4 Likes

First: Why are you hiding your posts under the summary? This is the cafe where discussion of anything and everything is welcome - long or short posts, funny or serious posts - no need to censor them. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Second: Several of those medical conditions can be found in my medical history, which is probably true for many of us. You just never know what anyone is dealing with at any given time. We are all human with human flaws, so we may not always lead with compassion, but posts like the one above are a good reminder to do so.

Hope everyone is having or will have a good day today!

5 Likes

giphy

Update: on my stupid freezer! It seems to be hanging in there again after I “fixed” it - hopefully it will stay that way so I don’t have to go buy a new one!

1 Like

I forgot to chime in on the chat about appliances. It is absolutely crazy that they are literally built to NOT last these days. We had ONE refrigerator my entire childhood/adolescence/early adulthood. That thing lasted over 30-some years.

3 Likes

Me too! The one that always ended up in the garage was like 20 or 25 years old.

2 Likes

Maybe the more impressive part of my post about my childhood appliances is that my parents lived in one house for more than 30 years! I am on my 7th place in the 20-some years since I moved away from them, and that doesn’t include the places I lived in college.

4 Likes

I always admire that! Staying in one place! I don’t stay at jobs more than 3 years most of the time I get bored. The longest I stayed was 7 years when I worked for a doctors office - only cuz of job sharing. I loved working 3 days a week.

2 Likes

I didn’t stay at one job for super long either. My dad had the SAME job (or at least same employer, since he got promotions in position) for over 40 years until the business was sold to a new owner, and he moved on.

1 Like

So I usually am “whatever” when it comes to Avenger movies.!

BLACK WIDOW - Girl Power - Family Power

Really Good Movie!

2 Likes

Did you get your CD??! I have the beautiful box set with the hologram on the front! I have not taken the plastic off yet I am still just LOOKING at it!

goblin%20and%20grim%20reaper%201

@my_happy_place
appliances. It is absolutely crazy that they are literally built to NOT last these days.

You are so right about that. I bought a fridge 5 years ago, and the warranty lasts 5 years, and out of the blue a day after warranty was up, it started throwing water. I was furious I had to buy another one but a young inspector doing check on the apartment told me the simple method to fix it and so far it worked.

The solution? The fridge was unleveled so the water was not flowing to the back so that’s where the water was coming from. I’m relieved I don’t have to buy another one bc the appliances are so expensive now.

3 Likes

@kdrama2020ali @my_happy_place

여기요! Can I see the menu? :sunglasses:

4 Likes

What would you like??? Waffles, Cafe, Tea, Cocoa - Cute Guy??? Bahahahahah!

1 Like

Are those on the menu too? :sweat_smile:

Okay, then I’d like to order waffles, tea and a cute Japanese guy, please. :slight_smile:

3 Likes