Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

I don’t know about you guys, but I am ready for coffee & cake!!!

5 Likes

Now that I think about, that sounds pretty good.

3 Likes

What does that mean?

It’s a lack of belief. A person who doesn’t own a horse (hopefully) isn’t constantly starting conversations with ‘As a non-horse owner’. You don’t presumably believe in Odin, Horus, the Greek Pantheon, and countless other gods. Your lack of belief in those gods makes you an atheist in that regard. Do you actively think [insert god] doesn’t exist?

It could not have possibly been the other way around, as in their teachings reached Nazareth by the time of Jesus’s birth.

Where?

I only referred to the historical figures, nothing faith based.

1 Like

“Buddha, Confucius, and Laozi were well before Jesus’s time.” are your words.
Christianity came from Jesus, Buddhism came from Buddha, Confucianism came from Confucius but is more of philosophy than a true religion, and Toaism comes from Loazi, it’s a religion. So, yes, it is indeed faith based. There is no scientific proof for religion, it’s all based on faith.

2 Likes

Did I say those religions weren’t faith based? You can talk about Jesus, Buddha, etc. historically without talking about the respective religion or philosophy.

‘Buddha, Confucius, and Laozi were well before Jesus’s time.’ switch Jesus’s with his and time with lifetime, maybe that’ll help.

Friendly Reminder
I was recently referred to the below post.

6 Likes

Screenshot_20230429-144457_Chrome

Screenshot_20230429-144516_Chrome

Cat Cafe :jp:Japan :jp:

7 Likes

I have had enough, I am off

2 Likes

Religion is a complicated subject that is best to not be discussed in this forum since it can be frustrating, but you don’t need to feel you did anything wrong because you didn’t.

Everyone gave their own opinion, and we don’t need to agree with them. If it makes you upset just step away like you did and let it go

frustratedwriter1h](Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy - #4501 by frustratedwriter)
I have had enough, I am off

BUT, but… don’t let it get to you because is not worth for us to be upset since we need to always strive to be happy and relaxed in here.

The world is already full of so many ups and downs, and we need a place to come to relax so let’s make this the place we can do those things, and share with others young or old that happiness to communicate, share ideas, thoughts, life experiences and above all let’s share the LOVE.
LOVE one another (no matter what race, creed or belief) since that is the only thing we must never let go, and hold on to for eternity.

See ya’ around later !I’m off too bc it’s a rainy, sleepy day for me. It hasn’t stop raining since Friday and no shiny shopping day for me is depressing … :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve been to a Cat Cafe, I enjoyed it since I’m a huge cat person.

3 Likes

its rainy here too. religion shouldn’t be that complicated, yes I had to think and rethink this. , this is my relaxing place, I do love reading the messages, listening to all of you, and all. share the thoughts and ideas be they young or old, even different faiths,rel;igions, I do love to learn different things. I am trying to spread that little bit of kindness, yes “plant a seed”, if you will. and LOVE one another

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I will be back in a week

6 Likes

I’ll miss the daily smiles you bring @frustratedwriter but enjoy your time away. I hope you are able to do things that feed your soul. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Today is a day I normally go to a big bonfire (it’s walpurgis night) but I’m to tiered to be around people… So this must be somewhat of a compromise, using the titled stow in the living room and hearing the fireworks from afar.

7 Likes

It’s a beautiful day today, no clouds, decent temperature. Just got done running some errands, so I’m enjoying the rest of the day in my bed.

5 Likes

Up until yesterday, we had barely had a handful of days that even got above 60 degrees, but yesterday shot up to 86 and it is 80 again today. I guess we will just skip spring and go straight to summer.

4 Likes

As being only 18 and still in school, I like weekends with decent temperatures so I can go do stuff with friends, or family. It always makes me feel better after a stressful week. Summer time, lets go!

4 Likes

Ever watched on a clear night all the stars your eye can see? When I do that I feel strange, I feel like a little speck in this galaxy, questioning what is out there other planets, other humans, perhaps green aliens :rofl: What is beyond there, a wall or just nothing, an empty endless space?

Checkout images from Hubble, like piece of art are the objects in galaxy, perhaps illuminated by the moon and far away in the probably ever ending distance, very unexplainable and magical :star_struck: :night_with_stars: :sparkles:

6 Likes

I had to watch videos on that, and articles, in Astronomy. Fascinating, isnt it?

4 Likes

@auttygotty

I hope you get to experience visiting a PLANETARIUM. The first time I went to the one in Manhattan NY. I cried from the awesome experience. I went to another one on Long Island [The Vanderbilt Mansion Museum Planetarium] and I thought I was in heaven. The experience has no words that can do justice in describing what you’ll experience there.
OM it hasn’t stop raining thundering and winter dark day feel. I slept most of the day and drinking coffee to keep warm.

PS. WATCHED plenty of TV too.

3 Likes

That actually seems pretty fun, the nearest one is about 2-3 hours away but I could use a weekend to do that sometime soon.

3 Likes