Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

South Korea’s Home Cafe

Just a little Midnight Snack! Some yummy drink!

4 Likes

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks for your detailed explanation and tips. I understand things much more clearly now. K Pop is so different from the US music scene. It seems much more interactive. I think the fanchants are really cool! (Although time consuming to learn them all for all of the different songs. I’m not a fast learner, unfortunately, LOL!)

3 Likes

He was:joy:

3 Likes

@vivi_1485, sheesh, FOE is insane, you think one thing and then they slip you a little more information, so you start thinking something else, then they slip you a little more and that throws everything off. I’m loving it!

Can we add cinnamon buns to today’s menu?
P1060097

8 Likes

oooh did you make those?? They look SCRUMPTIOUS!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I’m already imagining myself ordering one as I sit and chat with everyone here!^^

This is what I LOVE about it!! They just won’t let you decide what kind of guy the ML is! You feel as confused as the FL! He’s the kind of ML you don’t just blindly idolize… you’re trying to navigate your own feelings based on the information you’re getting!

4 Likes

Yes & no. Whenever we make them I get my kids to do more and more. Now I typically finish up rolling them out to the right size. The kids do the rest. Yum!

I’m glad you talked me into FOE, thank you so much. I’m on ep 11, I’ve paused my dramatic ones and I’m watching this. lol (as if it’s not dramatic :woman_facepalming:t3:)

5 Likes

Only today? :thinking:

3 Likes

if you’ve heard the song more than three times, it’s usually easy to pick up. The most distinguishable words are the ones that appear in the fanchants. And any pauses in the music/lyrics usually have the band name/members’ names as chants.

It is!! The lightsticks are so integral to the entire concert experience that Japanese fans once packed and shipped their lightsticks to America because the lightsticks weren’t available there! You can use it for a lot of amazing projects if you’re connected to Bluetooth. They’re called “light oceans” and they’re beautiful
EXO-L spelt “WE ARE ONE” and “EXO” at Tokyo Dome… it moved the members to tears as they sang the fandom song. You can hear them chanting “We are one!” at the beginning. It aLWAYS gives me goosebumps!

I think this is ELF’s light ocean:

Since ARMY and EXO-L are two of the hugest fandoms, they usually have really spectacular ones… here are both of their lightisck oceans(SM came up with the Bluetooth system for EXO):

Waving your lightstick during another group’s performance shows your fandom’s support for the other. For example, EXO-L are hardcore Red Velvet and NCT supporters, so you will always find the hexagon lighsticks switched on during RV or NCT performances at awards shows or festivals.

The downside is that these emotionally charged fandoms can cause huge harm too. Giving another group a “black ocean” is a HUGE insult to the other group. Everybody just switches off their lightsticks while the group performs. They are very rare, because it’s very hurtful. Childish fans sometimes take it too far and it ends up hurting the artists, too.

5 Likes

@table122000 If you ever go to a concert this is why you always bring extra batteries. The odds of everyone’s lightstick dying is unlikely but it’s something you never want to risk. Like @vivi_1485 says, it’s very hurtful.

5 Likes

Hmm… I’m salivating, they are so little and cute… it’s hard to resist… :yum::yum::yum:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s impressive and entertaining, how many people are in such stadium, that’ much bigger concert hall I have ever seen. The boys are so little from so far away :wink: The tickets must be expensive or they pay for the sticks at the entrance??

5 Likes

Usually, they buy them in advance. However, you can still buy them before the concert begins, but then there are very long lines to the merch store.

6 Likes

So sad to see this two articles
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/08/chinese-media-outlets-report-an-alleged-photo-of-kris-wu-currently-facing-sexual-assault-charges-being-held-in-a-detention-facility-with-his-head-shaven
If this is true it’s so unfair that neurotic ‘‘FANS’’ destroy the relationship of actors/singers like they have any right to do that. Poor Girl. Although the message sounds to me like ‘‘I don’t care what anyone says: I’m #! and my happiness nothing will destroy it.’’ Hope, I’m right.
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/08/actress-lee-da-in-writes-a-cryptic-message-on-instagram-raising-speculations-that-she-may-have-broken-up-with-lee-seung-giIf

gfycat

Pinterest

So the CAFE definitely needs some smoothies! I just made me a vanilla protein, collagen, blueberry, strawberry, raspberry smoothie!!! :heart:

This is in memory of a cat that he had that crossed the rainbow bridge -
giphy
2 Likes

Some more JukeBox Music for this morning!
Beautiful
2pm

Sorry @my_happy_place You know I love when my boys dance with CHAIRS!!!

I so want to go to a CONCERT!!! All the CONCERTS

2 Likes

I would also like to add blue tea to the menu :smiley:

Beautiful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

What is BLUE tea??? Do explain

2 Likes

It’s called Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea, and it’s made with lavender. It’s supposedly very good against stress. And I mean, it just looks stunning.
The one I had was mixed with milk, which is why it had a light blue color. The normal tea is darker:
(madn77)

5 Likes

Oh my goodness - I need this in my life - I am a LAVENDER crazy person and my hair is purple and most of my clothes so…

Venera

2 Likes