Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

I just saw this now. I was segging this morning then had to do some housework. I’m only now getting online. I think it’s great that BTS is here at the UN again. :+1: People listen to BTS when they don’t pay attention to politicians. :heart:

3 Likes

Random comment. So I just was awarded this:
I guess all this time I’ve been chatting with you all and I wasn’t a member. Hahahaha!!!

6 Likes

You were just an esteemed guest until now, apparently. :joy:

5 Likes

Yeah, I was ‘something’. That’s for sure! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So does this mean I am one badge away from getting the codes for God knows what since I am currently at ‘Trust Level 2’??? LOL!

5 Likes

5 Likes

You can now add it to your avatar I think or maybe not - if you see mine says Regular- why that’s important I don’t know

:blush:

@my_happy_place

4 Likes

I think you can only add your status once you reach ‘regular’.

4 Likes

D#$n It! Maverick!

4 Likes

rainy%20day%20dance
tumex

Since it is raining at my house - do you think he would come dance in one of the puddles?? Just asking!
TAEMIN

4 Likes

That looks really cold!

3 Likes

Put the sleeves another trope the sleeves!!! :tshirt:

And I just want to get him some dry clothes and warm socks and some cocoa!

2 Likes

Brownies

Barista - Can you bring me a brownie???

4 Likes

Holy cow, those brownies in your link!

3 Likes

Thanks for the links. Wow! BTS are now officially diplomats. Amazing. Although I have to say…what was with the little homemade signs? Were those made by actual little kids and BTS brought them as examples? I kept wondering why they were displayed. Also, it looked like the auditorium was empty, which I thought was strange. While I would have rather had written English subtitles so I could have heard everyone’s actual voices, I appreciate that the UN provided translations. I felt like a member of the General Assembly since we were able to hear the UN Translators at work, just like the Delegates do. I guess the UN has embraced the power of K Pop to raise awareness because BlackPink have been made Official Advocates for the Sustainable Development Goals, which BTS made a speech about along with Pres. Moon.
https://www.soompi.com/article/1489214wpp/blackpink-appointed-un-sustainable-development-goals-advocates
I was surprised by the hate in the comments at SOOMPI about BP being made advocates, saying it was out of nowhere and a publicity stunt. I did research and BP made a video about Climate change in Dec 2020, and were made Official Advocates for the UN Conference on Climate Change in Feb 2021. Climate Change is one of the Sustainable Development Goals, so it makes sense that the UN would appoint them as Advocates due to their previous involvement in Climate Change issues.
I really do not understand the negativity these days. It is sad. I’m getting tired of all the K Pop star X is so ugly comments too! So Ridiculous! Nobody is ugly in the Idol industry because Rule #1 is that an idol has to be good looking. You will not even make it to be a trainee if you don’t have the looks. Okay, sure, people may find some idols more attractive than others but for sure we can all agree that everyone has good looks. I wish people would just stop it with the nasty comments about K Pop stars weight, body images, etc.

2 Likes

" I feel the need…the need for speed!"

4 Likes

Poor Taemin, why do want to drag him out of the military to dance in puddles for you?? :joy::joy:

Oh dear, water dancing reminds me of EXO at that one concert I still can’t watch because I’l probably spontaneously combust :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Oh I have seen that with the water - I love IT! They are so funny!!! But sexy at the same time!

Avert your eyes @vivi_1485

3 Likes

I really don’t understand people who keep hating opn people who don’t look good in their eyes. As I follow quite a lot of groups, I have seen guys who don’t look all that good to me. Some boys are selected even if they don’t reach beauty standards because theyre extremely talented. But, as I’ve said before, once you start loving them or seeing how kind they are, they look extremely handsome no matter what they’re doing!

4 Likes

@table122000

It is amazing! That anyone feels the need to put someone down who is working hard, an artist and doing their craft. I am nor is anyone attracted to EVERYONE of course you like one idol or one pop star or one actor over another…but to call people names or put people down is ridiculous. I’d like to see them live as a trainee and bust their butt practicing for 8 hours a day just to do well on stage! People who type things behind a screen without any thought makes me CRAZY

4 Likes

Exactly Does not make sense. Why can’t people just be respectful

1 Like