[Solved] now both Stove League and Your Honor - Weird subtitle holes in 100% subbed drama

@lutra
For Kocowa dramas viki volunteers subbed in English, viki pass plus members in North America (i.e. QCs in North America) see the viki subtitles and not the Kocowa subs.
If someone is a Kocowa subscriber but not a viki subscriber, they see the Kocowa created subtitles which were created by the broadcaster (MBS, SBC or KBS). So a drama like Stove League has two sets of subtitles for North American viewers – the viki subs and the Kocowa subs. viki often provides the Kocowa English subs to the moderators as “references”, but for the English teams I’m on, we don’t use them. (There are also Kocowa subbed in English programs on viki which volunteers cannot sub in English but can sub in other languages and Kocowa subbed in English programs which cannot be subbed in any other language at viki. Confusing? Yes. And I have no idea about the reasoning underlying the different categories of Kocowa programming at viki. )

5 Likes

also experiencing subtitle holes in Stove league. Right now I’m at episode 5 around 6:25.

1 Like

@feyfayer
I’ve checked and the video player version doesn’t have missing subs.

They are there at exact the specified point, english subtitles.
The problem is a technical one, I’ve tried to describe it above.

That is what we say all the time, in America, from the American source you get a video with Kocowa logo on the right top with all subtitles showing.

Since in Europe there is no Kocowa content via Pass Plus available, we get different sourced videos, I don’t know how but somewhere in between this procedure those “rabbit holes” surface and subtitles from all languages are just not visible in certain time slots for Your Honor this happens that almost all you see in the 2nd episode is “unsubbed”, even the percentage shows 100%, but we all know it is subbed. Just that we don’t know how it happened?

3 Likes

When I watched the show I had it throughout multiple episodes. I had to watch those missing sections without subs or when I didn’t fully understand it, on other websites. It didn’t just happen in the episode I mentioned.

I’m also an European viewer.

1 Like

@jeslynl
Jes could you check the Go Back couple too?. There was a complaint a while ago that viki had censored parts of the drama. I could not understand what was allegedly cut out of the drama.

1 Like

Hi all! The issue with missing subtitles in episode 7 of Stove League has been resolved. Thank you for bearing with us as always! :slightly_smiling_face:

That is nice to hear, but what about the even bigger hole in Episode 2 of Your Honor where almost all the subtitles are missing?

P.S. Why does this happen now and then you use the English layout, but get in this case the Spanish version?

or in the help center … it´s always in french oder spanish and not in german

@jeslynl Thanks, now both dramas are back with the missing subtitles, greetings to the techies. :gift_heart: