System change, or just a bug?

thanks =) <3
this worked… i didnt knew this xD_X

Same as my situation as well.

@xsnowx, @deval_chloe

update on twitter is not always in time for the volunteer to know right away what is happening but here it is
https://twitter.com/VikiStatus

I know this is on twitter and I’m checking it sometimes but when we had this problem there was nothing on twitter. Still thanks. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your info ^^

@piranna: can all mods open this or is it forbidden for us language mods? i don´t want to make something wrong .__.

The purpose of “unlocking videos” was to avoid that English subtitlers begin to subtitle while segmenters haven’t finished segmenting.
Here, it is segmented and it is subbed in English.
What’s the use of keeping them lock now?

Normally, when it is not segmented:

It depends on the team instructions:
https://nssacademy.weebly.com/segmenting-guide.html

From nssa
SEGMENTING LAST EPISODE PART: If you are the last segmenter to finish a part in an episode and there is no moderator or other instructions given, please unlock the video so that the subtitlers can begin to work. (To unlock a video, click More > Unlock Video.)

You can ask the CM or one moderator (what’s the difference now about who unlocks what was unlocked before?)
Sometimes, I think rules are good but for this exceptional situation, no rule was made since who could foretell that this case would happen XD
These rules were made to organize a group of people working together and a precise process, not to disorganize them when an incident occurs.

I think you should feel at ease, it was already unlocked before, so unlocking them to allow people to subtitle it again is not a sin. It’s just quickly restoring the normal situation as it was before the incident and I think that’s what the team wants, a reactive unlocking and not being blocked by this unlock that has no more meaning once it’s segged.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for this explanation =)
And also for answering soon after my post came in.
You helped me a lot.

1 Like

Now that Viki has solved one problem, then the next…I don’t usually watch an entire episode at once and depend on Watch History and Followed Shows to know where I’ve left off. But now it thinks I want to restart every episode so I have to either remember I was only 29 minutes in or write it down. Can you fix this (again)? Also, sometimes the subs don’t show up in watch history and I have to back track and go to Followed shows to get the subtitles back, or vice versa. Anyone else have these problems now?