Test topic (closing later)

No, I can’t anymore. After you-know-who made a ruckus because of my editing some title’s grammar, I can’t edit any title, not even mine. But I see nobody else can as well.

1 Like

Thank you for trying!

I can see a pencil next to the topic title, so the author can still edit when it’s fresh? (I guess?)
I will try to check every day until I can’t see the pencil anymore.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try using that pencil. Sometimes the icons are there but when you use it, it says you can’t.

1 Like

I’ve just tried and the pencil worked xd
On older topics I wrote, no pencil.

I will wait until it will become old enough.

Weren’t older topics banned from editing in the past as well?

Yes, from my memory, I couldn’t edit old topics title I wrote.
I don’t know how old though.

It happens we asked Irmar to edit the topic title from new or old topics because she has the regular badge that allows some members to do it. She put “closed” for ex or put a more precise title.
Some other members have the same badge like Viki staff, Bozoli, etc. (Angel had it too last year? This part I don’t remember well).

Screenshot_20200111-142759_Chrome

From Irmar’s answer in Somejuwels’ topic, she could edit super old topics (like in 2016 or before?) and now she can’t. I wanted to know for recent posts.

Or we could ask Bozoli!
@bozoli Would you mind editing the topic title of this post and Somejuwels’ topic title "The Liar and His Lover?" We’re trying to put “Closed” to the latter topic.

1 Like

I’m afraid I have lost this superpower, as well :smirk:

1 Like

Thank you for trying, Olja :grinning:

Just looking for the time when the topic will be old enough then.

I just checked an almost 2 months old topic and I can’t edit anything there anymore.

Let’s see if you’re able to edit your post then.

1 Like

Okay, I made my own fresh test topic and yes, I can edit the title. I edited it from “Test topic” to “Delete please”.

1 Like

The little edit icon is still appearing on this for me but not of Irmar’s new topic “Delete”

1 Like

Oh thanks for checking!
This is weird!
Do you have by any chance the pencil icon on Somejuwels’ topic?

@piranna Yes. On Somejewels’ topic the edit icon appears and it apparently is functioning as the box popped up when I clicked on it although I didn’t edit it.

1 Like

Thanks for taking a look!
Think we’ll have to call Viki for this type of thing then.

That’s weird. Why on some you can and on some others you can’t?

Anyway, I did open a ticket on Help Center and gave them the link to this discussion thread. Let’s see what they say.

1 Like

Thanks for opening a ticket!

Finally!!
A little late for this topic, but found another topic (“Comics”) that I created on February 1st!
Yesterday, I still could edit “Comics” in the title and in the posts, but today not anymore :slight_smile:

So 2 months to edit a title and your own post :slight_smile:

My ticket is still open. Maybe it’s not considered important enough.

Hi everyone!

As of December 2019, we disabled permissions to edit the subject line of threads that are authored by another user. This change is applied to all user tiers on Discussions.

And some of your observations are right — authors of threads are given a period of 2 months (86400 minutes) after posting to edit their own post, after which the author will no longer be able to make changes. This has been the default setting on Discussions (since the beginning of time), and rest assured no changes have been made to the permissions for editing the subject line of the threads that you authored.

I hope this adds some clarity for everyone!

Take care and stay healthy!

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.
Then Viki should appoint a moderator to edit all the spelling mistakes, which hurt my eyes!

Since you’re here, could you enlighten us on the other subject, “The topic will be closed 7 days after the last reply”? I have made a topic here: