Texas Aftermath

I just want to reach out to my fellow Texans who are also dealing with the frigid air mass that wreaked havoc over us this week. Record numbers with the rolling blackouts… have left us all feeling like we were jolted back into the 1800s.

Most of my family live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and are really suffering. I live in South Texas but also had to deal with the same catastrophe but in another capacity. I live only 2 hours from the coast and my neighbor’s pool froze over and had kids skating on it. LOL! Not normal when our average winter temps hover around 40 degrees every year.

I’m one of the lucky ones who hasn’t lost power… but am having to deal with water issues because of lines freezing and/or breaking.

Just want to give out bunches of hugs… and if I’m capable and you need anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I know we’re all a bit overwhelmed, but I just wanted you all to know you aren’t alone.

~kakashiandme~

11 Likes

and yes same here!

1 Like

Enjoy it while it lasts. Hope you get proper snow and a little colder weather. Just build stuff to hold the worst weather. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

my family thats there is fine, they said they have power now

4 Likes

Broken pipes is a huge mess to deal with. Yea, you guys aren’t used to deep freezes and frozen lines and don’t have heat tape. If your pipes are broken, make sure to turn off the water until the plumber can fix it. or you’ll have a huge mess to clean up once the pipes thaw.

If they are not broken, other than heat tape, let your water fast drip. Moving water takes longer to freeze.

3 Likes

Our house pipes are fine… I’m talking about main lines from the water source to the house freezing. Streets flooding from broken main lines.

We lived in TN and Korea for a long time, so we know the deal with frozen pipes. In TX, most of us know about pipe safety, but the lines or pipes that are freezing are lines/pipes not exposed to the person… lines in the ceiling. Without power, the houses literally froze. It was no different from being outside, that is why it got so bad.

2 Likes

I’m glad they are okay.

2 Likes