The First thing

Hey pals,
I guess we are all waiting for this lockdown to get over. If everything goes back to normal what is the first thing you would do as soon as you get out of the house?
I mean would you go to the arcade and play video games?
or go to your fav restaurant and eat as much as you can.
Maybe even celebrate your birthday, am I right?
Go to the field and play out the sport you couldn’t have during this time.
Take out all your anger , go to the theatre , the park and maybe even the mall.
We all know the list goes on and on. The most important thing is meeting our friends !
For me basically all of the above cause who can stay in one house for a long time? Don’t you agree? If you could out what is the first thing you would do?
Let me know. Stay safe and healthy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have no lockdown… so hm… i think i want a long vacation in a warm country

5 Likes

I normally wouldn’t mind being at home a lot, but this year it’s torture cause of chronic noise disturbance.

If things ever get normal again, I would spend a day in the nearest big city again. Haven’t left my town all year! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I was in Venlo 2 days ago. Everything there seemed so “normal”… nothing compared to Germany ( no mask, no 1,5 m distance…)
2 weeks ago in Czech without mask, no shoping, but so… everything was “normal”. I think normality would be a great thing

2 Likes

didn’t you all hear that they were planning on giving us “vaccines”. that’s the only way we would be allowed to travel and do other things. I think the government is cooking up something big. and honestly i’m a bit uneasy about it.

2 Likes

The family I have in the Netherlands went to the beach over this weekend and they also traveled last month out of the Netherlands.

They think the situation is less dangerous in the Netherlands than in France.

2 Likes

Me too! Couldn’t agree more with what you said from head to toes. lol

3 Likes

I’m also not affected by any lock… But many people have always made me feel uneasy…
It stays with me as it is :blush:
Gaby = Nature

1 Like

The most dangerous thing is people thinking they’re not in danger. That’s how this all started anyway. First it was just some virus on the other side of the world and before you knew it, it was everywhere. People still get infected here as well.
I’m dependant on public transport and for me there’s too many complications to go anywhere right now and either way, in this situation it wouldn’t be enjoyable anyway.

Masks are only obligated here in public transport, but the 1,5 m distance rule is still in function. So I guess the people you met didn’t stick to the rules.
I don’t live anywhere near Venlo, but I certainly can’t say that life here is “normal”.

4 Likes

Ah okay. Wondered why only we germans wore mask. We just shopped and were surprised. And everyone was super friendly, smiled as much as they could and did their best in this crazy time.
I think a smile a day, takes a little “pain” away

5 Likes

I’m not in their place.
They use gel, masks, 2 m…
So I don’t think they think they are superhuman or danger is not there.

I don’t know if this all started that way. Will we know?
As it was presented to me:

The info was hidden, delayed, people traveled first without knowing, making it travel with them, the person got into contact with a lot of people and it was already too late.

It was also difficult to diagnose what it was for doctors because symptoms looked like a, b, c and we didn’t know yet the info we have today about this virus (contagion risk, modes of transmission, resistance, prevention…).
It was first presented as a viral pneumonia, then something with a limited transmission between human beings (WHO) with the data they had at that time.

We know there is a danger once we are able to identify the abnormality and assess the risk.
We couldn’t identify clearly and we did a wrong assessment of the risk at first.
We could assess the risk level more accurately and review it only when we had more and more people infected (cases to study) and dead.
We lost control already.

Late reaction because data was not sufficient and false.
And then how can they say it’s a pandemic without a pandemic being there already?
It can only be assessed when it’s happening?
When it’s there, it’s too late already?

(… Then, when people knew of the situation, they decided to believe it or not.)

Among these people who first were infected and died, I think some of them traveled (or not) and died, not because they thought they were superhuman, but because they didn’t know the danger or what was presented at that time was not enough alarming (not contagious according to WHO) and so the reaction to danger was not there because there was almost no signal of danger.

1 Like

That’s certainly what happened here. It took ages before our government started to take this seriously.
The only reason I was alarmed was because I had already heard about it from friends in Asia.

2 Likes

I am so glad you still using your mask I was refraining from saying this but I think is important for everyone to know. We still have people in isolation in the hospital from covid19. I was admitted for 8 days due to my Lupus. Two days before going in for an angiogram and transferring to another hospital a nurse gave me a mask that has the shield attached to it. Minutes later the nurse was inside our room with the medicine carriage a Doctor came in and she asked if it was safe to go out in the hallway and he said No gave her more shields and we were not allowed outside bc a woman was taken to isolation in very grave condition from the virus. She was fine one minute and I’m guessing one of her visitors brought the virus to her room and hopefully she will survive.

There are many ppl still intubated and many coming to the hospital dying from this virus SO PLEASE!!! Don’t let your guard down. That mask is our lifesaver don’t take it for granted and be careful of the ppl who visit you. Sanitize and protect your family, yourself, and those around you by being careful. Avoid Public transportation if you can, packed stores, parks (yes, parks). For now let’s play safe and stay safe.:mask::mask::mask::mask::mask::mask::mask::mask::mask::mask::mask::mask::mask::mask::mask:

5 Likes

Dear Netty,
You’re welcome to come out here. Our days are in the 100’s, just down from 116+ degree days.
:wink:

4 Likes

I would spend a day with the whole family at the zoo.

4 Likes

I like heat bc my Island is sunny and hot 365 days but 116 degrees? I can live without that hahahaha right now today in NY was 50 degrees, and I’m so cold I could cry bc I love the warm/hot weather but 116? I feel i can melt as I walk under that sun… One time in Florida my sandals melted from the heat and I almost passed out and felt I couldn’t breath. I’m guessing you’re used to that weather. How you cope with it? is it hard to live the daily life routine of the day? I’m curious.

3 Likes

Right now, I would gladly trade for a 50d day! LOL

In June 1990 we broke a record and hit 122degrees!

1 Like

I’ve never tolerated the heat well since I was overexposed when tubing down the Verde River as a teenager.
The older I get the worse it is for me. Fortunately, I’ve only been hospitalized once for over exposure. So, I dress in cotton clothing (it ‘breathes’ better than man-made clothing), always have water and avoid spending more than 30 minutes outside it the temperature is 90degrees or above.
When gardening, I make good use of the hose while watering. :rofl:

4 Likes

I can imagine those A/C full blast and those electric bills.
wow I can’t even think if I can survive 122 degrees with my asthma.
I hope there’s some breeze bc in my Island (PR) it feels like you can stretch your hands and touch the hot sun, but we lived by the beach so we always get the gentle cool breeze of the sea.

Thank God the water brings so much relief to your garden and yourself. Stay safe always and forever.

4 Likes

You don’t like wearing earplugs? They have some that are very effective, and when I was in the hospital they provided me with some yellow rubber ones that worked wonders keeping the noise out. Try and see if you can find some to at least diminish the noise in your life. i know how frustrating noise can be especially if we have to put up with it everyday after day…:tired_face::worried::worried::anguished::scream:

3 Likes