The First thing

I’m sure the humidity levels are higher for you too. You have beaches we have cacti. :sweat_smile:
It’s a common joke to say about the Valley of the Sun " . . . it’s a dry heat." At 8pm it’s now 90degrees with 24% humidity.

Saguaro Cactus can grow to be over 40 ft tall. It is native to the Sonoran Desert in Arizona, the Mexican state of Sonora, and the Whipple Mountains and Imperial County areas of California.

3 Likes

Good one :wink:

1 Like

I have to waer them at work for hours, so it isnt a hard thing for me to do outside and I am used to them. But I hate talking to people for hours that they should waer a mask. They dont listen… the virus is fake and maaaaaaaany dumb excuses.
In my bundesstaate we have thanks God not many covid cases.

3 Likes

That sounds perfect for me and my knee :heart_eyes::star_struck:
No joke. But everything over 25 is a nice thing, cause we don’t get this often OR one day you get 29 and the next 9 degrees

3 Likes

LOL! Then you have to deal with snow too, right?
We don’t get snow in the valley, but in the mountains (a 3-hour drive from our house) in February 2019 they got 35 inches in one day.

3 Likes

Agreed! There are some earplugs that you can shape to fit in your ear so they are more comfortable too. My neighbors were super noisy yesterday and partying until… well I’m not sure but at least until after midnight yesterday. Earplugs work! White noise does, too.

2 Likes

No, not really. The last time that I saw snow like that was years ago.
Other bundesstaates or cities can have snow like on the picture

1 Like

But you can’t keep them in all day …

1 Like

I bought the regular kind twice, both years ago, and in both cases I ended up too scared to even try them. If I ever buy them again, I want some with a cord or handles or whatever, so that at least I can be sure I can get them out again.
And they even come in sizes! How am I supposed to know which size to order?
Filters might be nice if it would mean I could still hear my dramas and music, but not the noise, yet earplugs with filters are usually also more expensive. And I might be willing to pay a little more if I could be sure it would work for me, but I can only be sure if I try …
I have an MP3-player for the same purpose, but can only wear it a limited amount of time before my ears get irritated.

Yet, the noise usually goes on all day long …

2 Likes

Visit my fam out west.
Travel internationally.
Spend time with my baby cousins.
Go to an international mission trip (medical or otherwise)
Watch baseball, football (American) and basketball at a stadium and cheer with my fellow fans.
Go to a music festival.
Go to a concert.
Take the subway again or the bus.
But I think the world should have been practicing what I have seen people from most of Asia do when they travel internationally - wearing a mask…
We’re all in this together - hope you and your fam are doing well.

2 Likes

We have a white noise machine that you can turn up the volume too. It has so many “noise settings” - our favorite is ocean waves. There’s a heartbeat one too that freaks me out. It drowns out the neighbor noises…

…and also , I don’t judge or anything, but our neighbors are heavy weed smokers :sweat_smile: so we also bought an air filter fan - sucks the odor out :laughing:

2 Likes

Does it also work against very loud noise?

1 Like

How loud like…rock concert loud? We can really turn up the volume too, so it drowns out a lot of noise, not all of it. Our neighbors are “younger” so they hang out a lot with their friends and play music out loud.

2 Likes

Here the noise comes from different sources. My neighbours, especially on one side (2 parents, 3 kids) are extremely noisy in several ways, but there’s also chronic construction work, loud garden equipment and loud traffic outside.
So the exact volume and kind depends, but for some of it even my MP3-player isn’t enough.

And the noise coming from your white noise machine … is it pleasant?

1 Like

I think so. Like I mentioned earlier, our fave is the ocean waves but the other “sounds” are rain, bubbling stream,“night time” so you hear crickets etc, standard white noise and a heartbeat. You can adjust the volume and there is also a timer if you only want it to run a certain time. It doesn’t cancel out those ambient noises completely but for us, it “covers them up” pretty nicely. It’s by Homedics . Ours is an older version we’ve had it for years, so I’m sure there are a lot more added features:
https://www.homedics.com/soundspa-rejuvenate.html?utm_source=google-merch&bc=nopopup&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiZKA2ZqC7AIVzODICh0YeQRDEAQYBSABEgK69PD_BwE

2 Likes

Yes, those white noise machines are great. I feel you on the neighbors… been there. Good thing you have an air filter fan!!

1 Like

I may have missed it, but if you don’t like earplugs that go directly into your ear there are… like ear muffs that go over the ears. The regular ones are just Noise Cancelling/Noise Reduction Earmuff (like you can wear at a shooting range or some construction workers may wear) or you can get Noise cancelling headphones where you can play music or whatever on them. I’ve used those before and some are so comfortable I’ve fallen asleep in them.

1 Like