The heart of Asian entertainment

I choose # 2, #1 and #3 sound similar and the last isn’t that good to my ears, I know the refrain, but didn’t know who was singing it, now I learnt something new :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::joy:

2 Likes

Screenshots_2021-06-04-07-25-50
Screenshot_20210817-220128_Messages a

2 Likes

I think I like #1 :rofl:

2 Likes

@adrianmorales

You made my day! :heart:

I also appreciate those who work hard here at RViki, and give good quality in their work as a volunteer, but lately you can count them with your fingers. I am so tired of dropping dramas bc I can’t stand the subtitles for the obvious reason.

3 Likes

Why paying for 100% bad quality in the first place if you already know, that the quality is bad?

There’s a saying: If one wants change be the change.

So either you stop paying for bad quality subtitles or you could start subbing/editing by yourself.

Same goes for unpaid volunteers. Either (they) accept working for free (and might put less effort in it bc of that) or stop doing it.

In both cases Viki wins: viewers who pay for “bad quality subs” and volunteers who work for free.

Only if enough viewers and volunteers would stop offering money/time for something that’s unbalanced, things could change.

(In the same way you continue paying for “bad quality” others continue to work for free and that’s how and why everything stays the same since cosmetic stuff like different colours or slogan on the page creates no true change.)

6 Likes

True, but the really, really awful ones I don’t even watch. I wonder how that affects their viewership. . .

4 Likes

Lol. I couldn’t continue watching that one… Perfect and Casual is a better Miles Wei romcom :smile: Hope you enjoy Unforgettable Love, though.

But you’re criticizing the employees along with the restaurant. Your criticism of the restaurant is rooted in the sloppy jobs of some employees you encountered. This isn’t the Help Center, its the Discussions Board. Its like coming into the staff quarters of a restaurant after having a bad experience with a waiter and complaining about the restaurant and all its employees right in front of the employee staff, most of whom were doing their own duties well. Instead of speaking to the manager in charge. In terms of Viki, by filing a complaint against the specific show, or giving negative feedback in the feedback section. Sure, you may not get a quick answer. But as complaints pile against an abuser or a particular show, Viki might take proper action. Nobody likes abusers. Not the viewers, and definitely not the volunteers. And it’s not like Viki can hear you any louder if you say stuff here instead of in the Help Center. There are already countless threads about abusers and bad subs and everything. Most of them were made by volunteers actively trying to stop them.

Paying viewers are paying for the videos. All of us here are paying for the video licenses in our regions. Volunteers are paying with their work and paid viewers are paying with money. Can you say you’re paying for subs when most of the subbers/seggers/editors/moderators/managers don’t get paid?

5 Likes

We pay for access to the licensed shows Viki acquires, we never pay for subtitles tho’. . .

4 Likes

I think they’re slowly but steadily removing all signs of the Volunteer community, oops, Contributor Community.

I believe it started when they took down the leaderboard from Home page, then shoved up drama teams behind ‘Subtitle Team’ tabs on new show pages, then changed Volunteer to Contributor, now changed their tagline. They now have more paid translators than before. I see a new face with ‘Staff’ badge almost every week or maybe once in a fortnight.

8 Likes

In a way, moving the Discussions board from the Home Page was a good decision. This board is mainly for volunteers, and having it on the main page would result in an unnecessary influx of users using it like MDL 2.0 or complainers who complain without knowing what is actually going on. Having to go to the Contributor Community main page and THEN to the boards will let people know what contributors are.

However, I do agree that the contributor community seems to be shoved behind a wall.

1 Like

Funny thing you don’t get the point.

(They’re constantly investing in “wrong” fields.)

Not at all. I’m simply having a conversation about Viki with my dear friends. I’ve never used any of the channels teams use just to criticise anyone individualy. And the thing is that the help desk was right here on discussions. Does anyone remember that?

PS: Thank you for the recommendations. :heart:

4 Likes

I don’t need to get the point when I have friends to… Ehhh… Point me in the right direction. :sweat_smile:
And I think it’s OK to have all that cosmetic stuff. But pay or reward the translation teams in the same manner as your IT teams.

3 Likes

:rofl:

Yeah, I don’t mind cosmetic stuff as long as they improve the other fields too…

I wish you a nice day, hope you can take care for your garden since spring is coming and it’ll look nice if everything is blooming again. :seedling::leaves::herb::sunflower::tulip::rose::deciduous_tree:

5 Likes

Thank you so much. You too. :grin:
I’m definitely looking forward to Spring. :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

@sonmachinima

But we will never get that bc they seem to prioritize on stuff they only care to work on…

2 Likes

Oh! How I miss you old starry :milky_way: :disappointed_relieved:
Screenshot_2022-07-26-14-29-31

7 Likes