The Zither and Other Stringinstruments

Bevor I came with Chinese historical films together

I never thought a zither would be so interesting :slight_smile:
https://youtu.be/IxM1tjTvFAc :astonished:

My favorite :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So Great :hugs::star_struck:

4 Likes

Here are some links to Korean traditional instrument Gayageum, which is very similar to Zither.

The older lady is the older sister of actress Honey Lee (이하니). It’s impromptu playing with a 13 year old girl.

And if you like K-pop, here’s one for you.

Lastly, this guitar playing reminded me of Gayageum playing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also related to the zither: the Finnish kantele :

4 Likes

This one is my fav piece, the rhythm etc. is so nice =>

I once was on a live concert of Korean musicians; their instruments are similar to the Chinese one’s. Was a really great concert :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is awesome, how they can all deal with it…
The little girl alone, So young, and plays with the instrument. Or the guitar :slight_smile: Very well done :hugs:
Thank you for the Videos very cool.
A wonderful instrument, the Gayageum… I am learning to :slight_smile:

1 Like

And another piece of jewelry, Kantele, It sounds softer or not? :slight_smile: It almost leaves me speechless,
That there are such beautiful instruments, But I’m so blind myself, And I don’t even recognize them :roll_eyes: It is probably so :slight_smile:

1 Like

:blush:
Yes, The hammer or? If you play like that, Then there’s a lot more to it… As, I play an instrument today… This is full Heartblood :heart:

This video is great :+1: I love it, Strength measure
In a musical way :grin: Very good, And there too, Different musical instruments :star_struck::hugs:

It’s the Finnish national instrument, but I must admit before my studies I had never heard of it either. :wink: The Baltic countries have it too: in Estonian it’s called kannel .
The kantele has many variations, as you have seen above. In this song you can hear a kantele in the intro:

And in Music from Finland you can hear a whole home concert on kantele by someone from the band Nest.

But many countries have some kind of variation on the zither. Iraq for example:

2 Likes

It’s so fantastic, thank you Mirjam :heart_eyes: I am currently listening… Musik from Finnland :star_struck:

1 Like

Wow! Love the first video! So this was played at france? Love her self-confidence here :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

thank you for helping me know what the name of that musical instrument is! harpsacord??? is it different than these?

A harpsichord has a keyboard, a zither is a stringed instrument. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the info.

1 Like

I watched the video, and because of that, I was able to identify the instrument that a girl was playing in the anime movie version Girls und Panzer der Film :smiley: I was like, I’ve heard this before and it seems so familiar, is it a Finnish instrument? And sure enough, it was!

1 Like

I was watching another drama the other day, and main character was playing a zither.

2 Likes

What kind of bugs me is that a lot of times in the Chinese historical dramas, the actors/ actresses don’t even play the instrument; the soundtrack overrides their music. Ah well, it’s a shame, but I understand. Not everyone has the time to learn the guqin or the zither.

2 Likes

In The Untamed the actors had to learn to play their instruments. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really? That’s great! It’s not something I see very often…

3 Likes

Yes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know they were awesome! and realy enjoyed the drama!

1 Like