The Zither and Other Stringinstruments

Also related to the zither: the Finnish kantele :

4 Likes

This one is my fav piece, the rhythm etc. is so nice =>

I once was on a live concert of Korean musicians; their instruments are similar to the Chinese one’s. Was a really great concert :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is awesome, how they can all deal with it…
The little girl alone, So young, and plays with the instrument. Or the guitar :slight_smile: Very well done :hugs:
Thank you for the Videos very cool.
A wonderful instrument, the Gayageum… I am learning to :slight_smile:

1 Like

And another piece of jewelry, Kantele, It sounds softer or not? :slight_smile: It almost leaves me speechless,
That there are such beautiful instruments, But I’m so blind myself, And I don’t even recognize them :roll_eyes: It is probably so :slight_smile:

1 Like

:blush:
Yes, The hammer or? If you play like that, Then there’s a lot more to it… As, I play an instrument today… This is full Heartblood :heart:

This video is great :+1: I love it, Strength measure
In a musical way :grin: Very good, And there too, Different musical instruments :star_struck::hugs:

It’s the Finnish national instrument, but I must admit before my studies I had never heard of it either. :wink: The Baltic countries have it too: in Estonian it’s called kannel .
The kantele has many variations, as you have seen above. In this song you can hear a kantele in the intro:

And in Music from Finland you can hear a whole home concert on kantele by someone from the band Nest.

But many countries have some kind of variation on the zither. Iraq for example:

2 Likes

It’s so fantastic, thank you Mirjam :heart_eyes: I am currently listening… Musik from Finnland :star_struck:

1 Like

Wow! Love the first video! So this was played at france? Love her self-confidence here :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

thank you for helping me know what the name of that musical instrument is! harpsacord??? is it different than these?

A harpsichord has a keyboard, a zither is a stringed instrument. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the info.

1 Like

I watched the video, and because of that, I was able to identify the instrument that a girl was playing in the anime movie version Girls und Panzer der Film :smiley: I was like, I’ve heard this before and it seems so familiar, is it a Finnish instrument? And sure enough, it was!

1 Like

I was watching another drama the other day, and main character was playing a zither.

2 Likes

What kind of bugs me is that a lot of times in the Chinese historical dramas, the actors/ actresses don’t even play the instrument; the soundtrack overrides their music. Ah well, it’s a shame, but I understand. Not everyone has the time to learn the guqin or the zither.

2 Likes

In The Untamed the actors had to learn to play their instruments. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really? That’s great! It’s not something I see very often…

3 Likes

Yes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know they were awesome! and realy enjoyed the drama!

1 Like

It’s unbelievable, and fascinating…
Sound beautiful :heart_eyes::heart:

3 Likes

oh my goodness! kind of haunting too, but amazing, beautiful!!

3 Likes