Things to do in Hong Kong?

Hi :blush:

I’ll be visiting Hong Kong in January, for about a week or so. (It’ll be my first trip off America, so I’m pretty excited!) I’m just wondering what I should do there.

For anyone who’s been to HK and/or HK natives, what are some “must-see” places or “must-do” things?

Been to Hong Kong for a day as part of my trip to China years ago and if you like Jackie Chan you should go to his statue at the walk of fame there and there is a museum for him too. Next to that Victoria Peak had a nice view.

And I found a small shop packed with Jdrama/Jmovie and most likely Kdrama too. No idea how it’s called and if it’s still there but it was somewhere in between the 2 main shopping streets wasn’t a big flashy store but so cool when you are not used you can just buy those things at a store :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sadly, the Avenue of Stars is closed for renovations, for a few years I think. (I’ve never been there, but that’s where the Bruce Lee statue was plus a bunch of other stars related stuff.)

It depends on what kind of experience you like… some popular attractions:

• The Peak (Madam Tussauds, the view in general)
  • Catching the Star Ferry (personal favourite because it’s cheap & great views)
  • Disneyland (it’s small tho)
  • Ngong Ping 360 (cable car) / Buddha statue / Lantau Island (if you’re into nature etc)
  • Temple Street / Ladies Market (if you’re into shopping)
  • Tsim Sha Tsui Symphony of Lights (it’s on 8pm every night and is prob a tourist must do - be prepared to be surrounded by a bunch of other tourists lol)
  • Lan Kwai Fong (if you’re into clubbing)
  • Sino Centre (if you need to buy anime / pop culture related stuff)

A week is a pretty long time though, you can fit a day or two in Macau if you like.

1 Like