Username vs. Real (full) Name

Thanks for showing it, and yes I do not have the new version, but I could understand what everyone was talking about. As I said the only thing we can change is to change the 2nd line and fill our username in it, but why would you use 2 lines for the same matter, that’s what I was curious. We will see if Viki makes a change or if we will need to make a change.

2 Likes

It depends if they take the names from people’s public entries or from people’s private settings like name for subscription/credit card bank account or whatever…

I cannot really find much that I like out of all the recent changes VIKI did with layout, design etc. …

1 Like

They just use the name that’s on our profile page, underneath our usernames. So you appear on the channel pages as “son.m”.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your feedback and discussions on how members of subtitling teams are being presented on the new channel page on Viki. The great news is that this is not fixed or locked down yet — and this is why some of you are in to test the new channel page first - to point to us what works for you and what doesn’t. :wink:

We hear your concerns on this and identify with them, for sure! We’ll be taking this on, and while we might not be able to implement a change in a day or two, please know that they are acknowledged and we will definitely circle back or share a status update when we can.

Please stay tuned!

2 Likes

Yes, but WHO ON EARTH thought this was a good idea to begin with?
I know it’s not you, your job is something else, but could you please tell people upstairs that there is a long list of desperately needed improvements (on project finder, inbox, the way we deal with reviews etc etc.) and we’ve always been told there are very few people and too much work. Okay, we understand that (although Rakuten is a mega company and they surely could afford a couple more programmers), so we have been waiting patiently - it’s been more than a year since it was discussed - for those long-awaited and much-needed changes.
Instead, what? They waste the precious time of the one programmer they have by tackling cosmetic stuff. And they just come up with little useless and annoying changes nobody asked for and nobody wants! At best, totally unnecessary but neutral, or, as in this case (and in the case of taking away the light mode option), uncomfortable for many of us.
Do you see why this leaves us with a bitter taste of disappointment and disenchantment with Viki? Do you see now why some of the best of us have withdrawn in these last years? We feel as if not only you don’t listen to us - despite the show of doing Skype interviews or making us fill surveys - but you also mock and taunt us, by presenting us with “improvements” such as the no light mode option or this one.
Please consider this as official feedback that you can convey to the higher ups.
And let’s see how many likes it will get.

8 Likes

Hi all - I misread the discussion above and spoke too fast!

The display of full names instead of your usernames on the new channel page (that some of you are testing on) is actually a human error. For the new channel page, rest assured that usernames will be displayed instead of your full names - no change from the current one, checked and verified! Our engineers have been notified and will be working on the fix really soon. :+1:t2:

Apologies for my earlier reply if it has caused you confusion.

10 Likes

Hello everyone!

We’re happy to let you know that this issue has been fixed! :slight_smile:

If you are already on the new channel page on Viki.com (it will soon be released to everyone), you will now see that the Subtitle Team tab has resumed displaying usernames instead of actual names.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and/or weighing in with your preferences.

6 Likes